Assists with forecasting program sales, income, cash flow, backlog, manpower and facilities requirements. Ensures the accurate compilation of program data into the business units forecast.
- Prepares annual business plans and financial reports; responsible for inputs to financial collection software package. Prepares monthly/annual variance analysis reports and summarizes results.
- Performs and supports various audits and reviews in order to ensure compliance with established corporate and company practices.
- Assists with forecasting program sales, income, cash flow, backlog, manpower and facilities requirements. Ensures the accurate compilation of program data into the business units forecast.
- Understands the workings of an Income Statement and Balance Sheet. Can explain how changes to either statement will impact downstream values or metrics.
- Participates on or contributes to process/quality improvement teams and/or initiatives. Identifies and recommends improvements to processes, practices or materials which lead to positive results in quality. Supports or implements performance driven changes in processes and procedures. Assist with Return-On-Investment (ROI) analysis and financial planning models.
- Interfaces with internal customers as necessary to answer questions and provide backup and follow up as required.
- Bachelor's Degree first two (2) years of professional work experience in Accounting or Finance Master’s degree in same and 0 years’ experience.
- Intermediate to advanced skill level of Excel (formulas, pivots, v lookups)
- U.S. Citizenship
- Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business (major in Finance or Accounting).
- Experience with Macros.
- Experience with Oracle.
- Working knowledge of Access.
- Experience in manufacturing or services in a defense industry environment and a working knowledge of general defense contracting principles.
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.