Monitoring, administration and daily maintenance of the IT Platforms technical infrastructure to ensure efficient and effective delivery of services to our customers. Eligible candidates must poses working knowledge and troubleshooting of the following technology platforms; Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy, Domain Servers, Exchange E-Mail Services, Mobile Device Management, IT System(s) Integration, SQL Administration, client troubleshooting and PowerShell Scripting & Report Writing. This is a hands-on technical role in a fast paced and security sensitive environment. The candidate should understand how these services typically integrate with various business hosted applications and the ability to support clients utilizing these services from the ground up. The candidate will be joining an existing Platforms team and will need to establish relationships within the IT organization, provide training on technologies and processes to team members and customers, able speak to the current system design in order to achieve their objectives, while maintaining alignment with the IT environment and strategy through awareness and understanding of current and future technological capabilities.
- Focused on Platforms system standardization, configuration, proactive monitoring, maintenance activities, and incident/problem management activities aimed at providing a highly available and reliable IT environment for our customers.
- Report on all activities associated with the health, performance, and reliability of all platforms components and services under CAES IT control.
- Remain knowledgeable with current and future technologies and provide guidance with respect to the selection and integration of technologies and process into the enterprise.
- Ensure that proposed platforms align with key, strategic business initiatives that support security, operational efficiency, and technology modernization initiatives.
- Follow change management processes to ensure all changes are authorized and tested prior to implementation.
- Review and contribute to establishing standard operating procedures and system security plans, changes to these documents and development of new documentation where current documentation is lacking.
- Providing expert level support for production issues raised by the service delivery teams at remote locations. These efforts may extend beyond the course of the normal work schedule.
- Min of 5 years of experience with Design, Administration and Support of Active Directory services in a multi-domain / multi-forest environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Must be a US Person
- Travel up to 10%
- Selected applicant must have the ability to obtain a US government security clearance.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and monitor issues related to DHCP, DNS, Group Policy and Client Authentication Operations.
- The ability to read and write PowerShell scripts to support Active Directory automation and reporting.
- Administration and Monitoring of SQL Server Services, Clustering Services/Always On Availability Groups and Database Administration.
- Supporting Exchange Servers, Database Availability Groups, Edge Servers, OWA, ActiveSync, Outlook Anywhere and Skype for Business/Lync.
- Maintaining Distribution groups, database replication and Exchange Server services.
- Support and Management of Domain Based Active Directory Certificate Services
- Understand Virtualization Hosting, BladeSystems, Storage and Networking Concepts as it relates to supporting Active Directory, SQL and Exchange Services.
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.