Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions.
Cobham is seeking a Senior Director of Talent Acquisition. CAES is a world leader in the design, manufacturing and marketing of high-reliability integrated circuits, CCA and RAD test services, motion control and motors, microwave and RF devices, components and subsystems for the aerospace, defense, fixed broadband and wireless/mobile markets.
Participates as a member of the Human Resources Leadership Team by providing Talent Acquisition expertise to help execute CAES’ strategic objective to drive growth and build a world class Talent Acquisition organization. Provides direct TA support to the business, working with CAES leadership teams to ensure operational HR and TA is delivered effectively.
- Lead the development and execution of a comprehensive Talent Acquisition (TA) strategy for CAES.
- Drive the execution of CAES’s RPO strategy throughout the entire operation, including accountability, metrics, cost, and performance.
- Provide consistent leadership and direction to TA vendors and partners.
- Collaborate with senior business leaders to translate CAES needs, goals, and strategies into TA programs, initiatives, and policies.
- Create and sustain a strong CAES Employment Brand and presence in the marketplace.
- Promote consistent TA practices and processes across business units, sites, and functional organizations.
- Evaluate current TA delivery model and implement changes and enhancements.
- Establish, optimize, and track TA metrics and vendor SLAs to inform business leaders on process and outcomes.
- Improve hiring manager interviewing and assessment capabilities across the organization.
- Evaluate and implement technology enhancements to streamline the TA process.
- Strengthen compliance with Federal, State and Local regulations.
- Improve pipelines and bench strength for key talent pools.
- Expand and promote workforce diversity through TA strategies and programs.
- Collaborate with business leaders to establish a University Relations program to recruit key future technology talent.
- Coordinate TA activities with CAES HRVPs, Talent Management, and Compensation functional experts to ensure alignment.
- Provide TA subject matter expertise for site HR managers on day-to-day operational questions and concerns.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Human Resources or business-related field (advanced degree strongly preferred).
- 10+ years’ experience in recruiting leadership roles including 5+ years managing a recruiting function.
- Experience and desire to lead a transformation change effort.
- Experience collaborating directly with senior business leadership to identify and address evolving TA needs.
- Experience managing a complex, technology-based and data driven recruiting function.
- Experience working in a manufacturing- or technology-based organization preferred.
- Problem Solving & Creativity - Encourages innovation, applying a range of creative solutions to solving complex problems.
- Customer Orientation - Promotes a customer first approach and builds strategic, long term relationships with customers to help meet their needs.
- Business Acumen - Understands business operations and functions, the external environment, and how HR practices contribute to core business functions.
- Delivering Change - Acts as a change agent to help support and facilitate organizational changes.
- Leadership - Provides visionary leadership, articulating a future vision and inspiring others towards it.
Position Reports to:
Senior Vice President, Human Resources
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants
Cobham positions require use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All accepted applicants must be U.S. Persons as defined by ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. Person as U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. “Green Card Holder”) Political Asylee, or Refugee.