Performs visual, mechanical, functional, dimensional or electrical inspection of a variety of raw materials and products in the production assembly process through to final system assembly. Performs inspection tasks involving the use of a wide variety of test instruments and equipment to measure values and record functional operation of components, equipment, systems, supplies and materials. Determines acceptability, and identifies and recommends disposition of defective items in accordance with established procedures.
- Works from blueprints, drawings, process sheets, engineering change orders and written and verbal instruction to inspect mechanical parts, subassemblies and assemblies against required quality standards (i.e., hardness, thickness, painting, plating, etc.).
- Utilizes standard precision tools such as micrometers, verniers, optical comparator, coordinate measuring machines and gauges to measure dimensions where tolerances may be exacting and parts are intricate in nature. Performs simple calculations to determine angles, tolerances, dimensions and other specified measurements.
- Identifies defects and calculates defect rates against specified control limits. Inspects and tests parts, subassemblies and assemblies after rework, modifications or repairs to verify defects have been corrected and ensure continuity to drawings, prints, etc.
- Performs simple setups of inspection equipment.
- Applies inspection stamp for acceptability of mechanical parts, subassemblies and assemblies. May perform final inspection prior to customer acceptance to ensure end product meets customer requirement. Interfaces with engineering regarding technical issues and problem resolution.
- May conduct quality audits to confirm processes are being accurately completed. May perform field return evaluations to ensure returns are repaired within quality guidelines.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
- High School Diploma (or equivalent)
- 4 years related experience mechanical inspection
- 3 years’ experience CMM
- 3 years of exp using PC-Dmis 2013 Cad.
- 3 years’ experience using Mitutoyo MCOSMOS software suite (Geopak / Geomeasure / Cat1000).
- Understanding of Logic commands and their use in program branching.
- In order to be considered for this opportunity, you must be eligible to obtain and maintain security clearance, which requires USA Citizenship.
- Proficiency in mathematics specifically trigonometry and geometry
- Experience in defense contract or similar industry
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency
- Demonstrated Team Player
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.