The Quality Engineer II develops, applies, revises and maintains quality standard for processing materials into partly finished or finished products. Designs and implements methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of products and/or recommends corrective action. Prepares documentation for inspection/testing procedures.
- Performs a comprehensive analysis of routine contract requirements to determine what quality characteristics are to be controlled: manufacturing, inspection, test equipment required, controls of special processes, and skills needed to ensure their application.
- Reviews the contract data item descriptions and requirements and establishes the necessary controls to assure compliance.
- Participates in design reviews to assure that designs permit and facilitate producibility, repeatability, and inspectability and that related quality considerations are obtained in order to assure product quality.
- Prepares Quality Program Plans defining the responsibility and authority of all functions necessary to comply with provisions of military specifications and contract requirements.
- Participates in the generation, review, and approval of various types of specifications, drawings, and acceptance test procedures to ensure they contain sufficient quality requirements and comply with military specifications and contract requirements.
- Participates in engineering evaluations and Change Control Boards to assure designs and changes proposed are within the scope of COBHAM and contract definitions and requirements. Coordinate submittal with the customer.
- Prepares proposals, defines tasks necessary to be responsive (describes exceptions, assumptions and man-load needed hours, etc.) to accomplish the task. Writes rationale that justifies estimated costs and describes specific tasks to be accomplished. Identifies proposal revisions, which have potential to impact quality issues.
- Reviews procurement documents to ensure that all provisions necessary for the suppliers to achieve control of the quality of the product being procured are included.
- Reviews test reports and information furnished by vendors in support of materials being supplied. Participates in special testing to ensure that units or assemblies are compatible to system end use requirements.
- Participates in Qualification Testing and determines acceptability of best results. Reviews test reports and failure analysis reports for acceptability and initiates corrective action.
- Plans and monitors special test programs on assemblies, components, special processes, etc. due to design changes and/or problems developed during the manufacturing cycle.
- Participates in the corrective action program to promptly detect and correct assignable conditions adverse to quality.
- Participates in the verification (First Article Configuration Inspection) of hardware versus drawing/specifications and coordinates this effort with customer personnel.
- Reviews, analyzes, and obtains corrective action on all customer problems.
- Provides technical support to other QA functions.
- Performs inspection and testing of preproduction equipment to ensure compliance to drawings, specifications and contract requirements prior to submittal for customer acceptance.
- Prepares summaries and analysis of evaluations, together with all pertinent charts, graphs, etc.
- Assures that records/files are initiated and maintained in all relevant documentation pertaining to Quality Assurance.
- Performs quality audits to determine the effectiveness of the Quality Program and prepares audit reports.
- Performs product acceptance tests and presents that product for customer approval.
- Monitors quality budget and initiates corrective action as required.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (or the combination of education and experience)
Two (2) years related experience.
Excellent PC Skills utilizing Microsoft applications
5 years’ experience in quality engineering, test, inspection, or manufacturing of sophisticated electronic or electromechanical products.
Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning Systems, product lifecycle management systems and quality management systems.
Knowledge of AS9100 quality management system
ASQ certification (s)
Experience working in cross-functional environments including Operations, Supply Chain and Engineering.
Experience working in defense contracting or similar manufacturing environment
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.