Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions Inc. is actively seeking a CSR IV within its IES Business Unit, Lansdale or Exeter location. This role requires a highly motivated and highly effective individual to be a lead example and assist the customer response team in proposal response effectiveness and customer satisfaction for the Lansdale site.
Reporting directly to the Customer Service Supervisor, this role will be responsible for interacting with customers to provide information in response to inquiries about accounts, products, and services. They will also handle and resolve customer complaints, special orders, or returns. They will be answering customer’s questions regarding products or services and providing information to current or prospective customers regarding pricing, changes in service, discontinuance and shipping. They will be able to process a quote through the entire process, from receipt to working with other departments internally in retrieving information for the quote, to gaining the proper approvals and quoting to the customer. They may also be involved in soliciting sales for new or additional services or products. They will be a “lead” CSR, showing initiative, drive, and pro-activeness among the team assisting the other members, as required.
- Extensive and specialized knowledge of the job
- Has an understanding of general and specific aspects of the job and their application to complex problems and situations encountered
- Accountable for ensuring that customer requests for information and quotes are responded to in an accurate and timely manner
- Proactively offer input into resources, structure and capability to enable excellent execution for inside sales and back-office function
- Coordinate with functional groups (e.g. operations, engineering, contracts) to ensure inputs are received in a timely manner in accordance with the sales quote process
- As a leader (CSR IV) on the team, leads by example to the customer response team and serves as a resource to others in the resolution of complex problems and issues
- Completes routine / non-routine tasks in creative and effective ways, determining methods and procedures on new assignments
- Support account managers / program managers as necessary
- Assist / handle customer returns
- Proactive with customer satisfaction / surveys etc.
- Works under minimal supervision, relying on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish assigned tasks and goals
- Understands implementations of work and makes recommendations for solutions to problems
- Responsible for coordinating the work activities of other personnel
- Maintains and promotes a successful and positive work environment
Key Measures and milestones for Exeter:
- Customer request turnaround time
- Quote turnaround time
- Customer satisfaction metrics
- Customer responsiveness
- Associate’s degree in business or related area and 6 years of related experience.
- Understanding of the general and detailed aspects of a customer service role, and applications to problems and situations ordinarily encountered.
- Demonstrates understanding of a customer service role and applies knowledge and skills to complete a wide range of routine and non-routine tasks.
- Brings experience in working on assignments that are moderately difficult, requiring judgment in resolving issues or in making recommendations. Resolves most questions and problems, and refers only the most complex issues to higher levels.
- Ability to work under general supervision. No instructions needed on routine work and general instructions given on new lines of work or special assignments.
- Advanced skill in computer programs, picks up systems with ease
- Fluent in spoken & written English
- Strong record of operating in a customer service environment
- Demonstrated experience in demand-driven business process execution
- Track record of building and maintaining excellent relationships
- Proven analytical & root cause analysis capabilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong interpersonal skills
- Proven leadership skills
- Selected applicant may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet the eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US Citizenship
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or 6+ years of experience
- History includes being the “go to” person in previous positions
- Looks for ways to continually improve processes
- Experience in a government contracts work environment
- Process improvement / leadership abilities / team management
- Experience with Salesforce or another CRM tool
Key Leadership Competencies:
- Demonstrate Cobham’s SPIRIT values (Safety/Security, Performance, Innovation, Relationships, Integrity, Trust)
- An authentic and believable leader who communicates with conviction and humility and is able to engender trust throughout the organization
- A natural communicator and influencer, using such strengths in often difficult and complex situations
- Strong emotional intelligence
- Keen business judgment with the ability to provide fresh, proactive insight
- A communication style which instills confidence and can cross organizational boundaries
- Flexibility and problem-solving capabilities
- High energy level and strong action orientation
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.