Principle Product Engineer
Colorado Springs, CO
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
PRINCIPLE PRODUCT ENGINEER
Under limited supervision the Product Engineer (PE) performs a variety of routine to complex duties in support of the manufacturing and development of integrated circuits. These activities include new product development, characterization and leadership of development teams within all aspects of the product development lifecycle. The PE may also be responsible for team leadership, mentoring, and direction of employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
On a daily basis the PE will be responsible for the following:
· Provide/Develop test engineering methodologies with a background in digital and analog integrated circuits
· Provide engineering mentorship.
· Product development team leadership within the development lifecycle to include production, characterization, burn-in, ESD, latch-up, and Radiation effects plan definition and development coordination as required.
· Product development team leadership for DfT “Design for Test” and DfM “Design for Manufacturing”
· Solving problems and development of new products within a cross functional team
· Coordination of product qualification activities
· Provide product and other technical support to engineering and manufacturing personnel as appropriate.
· Define and execute technical experiments and projects and summarize results.
· Define project objectives, metrics and milestones, monitor development status, report on progress and take corrective action as appropriate.
· Ensure that all necessary quality assurance requirements are being followed for the product.
· Statistical analysis, standard deviation, CPK, with experience in JMP preferred.
· Provide customer interface during development of integrated circuits.
· Define project objectives, metrics and milestones, monitor project status, report on progress and take corrective action as appropriate.
· Must be self-motivated, process driven, able to work across functional boundaries in a team environment, and have excellent written and oral communication skills.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- A Bachelor’s Degree (BSEE or BSCE) from a four year college or university or equivalent experience.
· Minimum of eight years of applicable experience and/or training is required in an integrated circuits production environment.
· Test engineering and other programming experience preferred.
· Experience with Six Sigma and/or Lean Manufacturing techniques desirable.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants
Cobham positions require use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All accepted applicants must be U.S. Persons as defined by ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. Person as U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. “Green Card Holder”) Political Asylee, or Refugee.