Cobham’s values of Trust, Talent, and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it is the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world’s leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham Electronic Systems, in San Jose, CA is currently seeking a Continuous Improvement Manager working dayshift and weekdays, 40 hours per week to support the site.
Role will entail, working with employees on improvement projects, as a facilitator, teacher or in support with analyzing data, creating visual management aids, creating standard work, aiding engineers and management in root cause problem solving, and creating value stream maps.
In addition, lead/manage a group of CI engineers on the above projects. This would include meeting with site directors, VP’s, and sector management on project selection, status, and completion.
- Lead Root Cause Problem Solving projects to improve site metrics in all areas of the business.
- Assist in day-to-day activities supporting Key Performance Indicator data gathering and reporting to management, Issue Escalation organization and facilitation, weekly management , Monthly Operations Report, Quarterly Performance Reviews and facilitation, Operations Meeting preparation, and CI project organization & facilitation.
- Tasks will also include coordinating projects with various manufacturing and support groups, extracting and analyzing data, and preparing PowerPoint presentations.
- Work with CI engineers, value stream managers, program managers, and site VPs’ to select priority projects to improve the business.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 5-10 years’ experience and BA/BS degree in materials, mechanical or electrical engineering is required.
- 2-4 years’ experience in microwave electronics manufacturing/design engineering is preferred
- Preferred 5-10 years working in CI role.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Must be able to communicate and interact effectively with employees at all levels of the organization from Production to Management, both verbally and in writing, including preparing presentations.
- Familiarity with Relational Database concepts and SQL. Experience with programming concepts recommended.
- Experience with statistics and Enterprise Resource Planning systems
- Green/Back belt in 6 Sigma or Lean Practices a plus
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. Hired employees are required to provide proof of either US Citizenship or Permanent US Residency.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants
Cobham positions require use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All accepted applicants must be U.S. Persons as defined by ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. Person as U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. “Green Card Holder”) Political Asylee, or Refugee.