Real-time embedded software development for multi-board or multiprocessor systems with both FPGA’s and CPU’s.
Designs, develops and supports complicated RF systems, and associated assemblies. Primary emphasis will be on EW system control including interprocessor, and user interface communication. Knowledge of robotic positioning systems for precise pointing of payloads is a positive.
The nature of the group both ensures and requires a broad exposure to work functions and a generalist approach to engineering activities. Daily activities will include systems-level design, software development, interface with business development, customer service, and manufacturing support of existing products.
Coordinates with other engineers of various disciplines on high-level design decisions. Works closely with the program management team to ensure on-time and on-budget delivery of products. Generally works independently of supervision but understands the resources available and calls on them as necessary. Interfaces directly with customers and their representatives to ensure design compliance with customer requirements as well as to support hardware in the field
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or similar
- 5+ years of experience with real-time embedded software experience
- Experience writing embedded C/C++
- Experience using ARM based processors
- Must be able to obtain/maintain an active government security clearance
- Experience with motion control
- Experience interfacing with RF components
- Experience implementing CAN and 10/100/1000 Ethernet protocols
- Circuit/PCB design/layout experience
- Experience with FreeRTOS (or other cooperative multi-threaded RTOS)
- Experienced writing VHLD designing for Altera or Xilinx parts and toolsets (preferably Altera)
- Experience with ModelSim
- Signal processing using ADCs and DACS
- Experience implementing control algorithms
- Familiarity with SoC implementations such as FPGA/Nios or FPGA/ARM
- Cypress PSoC Creator environment, Mircochip PIC32MX/MZ and MPLAB-Harmony
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.