: Inventory Control Asst. II
Cobham is seeking an Inventory Control Assistant II. The Inventory Control Assistant II monitors and maintains inventory, researches problems and tracks orders, records purchases, maintains databases, and performs physical count of inventory. This position may prepare statistical reports on inventory balance, prices and shortages. Receives, unloads and distributes goods. Processes and/or approves invoices for payment. Documents and processes returns.
- Prepares assembly kits to meet pre-scheduled release dates using pick list. Selects stock using first in-first out system, checks and records solderability
date, vendor date code (when required) and quantity issued. Interfaces with materials and production personnel to resolve materials shortages.
Inspects completed kit to ensure that any engineering change orders affecting parts are incorporated and releases to production floor.
- Responds and researches requests for materials needed for engineering or production programs. Works from computerized reports, parts lists, engineering drawings, engineering change orders and written instructions to identify sources for parts and materials required.
- Reviews or records debits or credits to material inventories to track materials returned, transferred or removed from inventory. Re-labels stock to
- Audits inventory records for accuracy on a regular basis. Checks actual stock against amounts recorded. Notifies inventory coordinator or supervisor of
- Responds to telephone, computerized or window requests for materials needed as the result of shortages on the production floor or engineering areas. Verifies inventory availability, locates material and package parts for pickup or delivery to other facilities.
- Receives materials/supplies and counts to verify that quantity received matches receiving document. Records receipt of material on-line, manually or via a
batch transaction to ensure timely updates to inventory.
- Anticipates or responds to material shortages due to loss, change management, damage or defect in order to prevent work stoppages within assigned production areas.
- Ensures that materials are properly packaged or repackaged in accordance with MCS 525 and 542, when necessary, in electrostatic bags or as otherwise
specified. Labels and stocks in specified bins or fills back-order requirements, both for the assembly floor or kits in process.
- Maintains and updates job progress and status records, and notifies management of impending delays. Prepares periodic or special reports on schedule,
compliance, orders, status, etc., as required.
- Ensures that all required materials are properly identified with safety stickers in conformance with Company and OSHA guidelines. Maintains and updates
- Delivers completed assembly kits to assembly floor and releases to work-in-process (WIP).
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as require.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Two (2) years’ experience inventory control.
- Ability to lift and move materials weighing up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Basic Microsoft Office.
- In order to be considered for this opportunity, you must obtain and maintain security clearance, which requires USA Citizenship.
- Experience with electronic equipment, hand tools, and fixturing.
- Preference given to those in Aerospace or Defense Industry.
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.