Conduct cost pricing and business metrics for the organization; establish, monitor and analyze costing infrastructure that correlates with pricing decisions, management reporting and ad hoc analyses; establish processes and framework for Financial components of project submissions; performs cost risk analyses; resolve technical, cost and cost risk issues; ensure bids remain within cost target; provides price costing for government contracts & solicitations; interact with business unit, finance and senior management
Essential Functions and Duties
• Understand the Request for Proposal (RFP) to develop competitive pricing strategies; provide decision analysis on bids.
• Layout, develop and produce compliant cost & price proposals, including cost models and templates, formats and pricing rationale in accordance with customer instructions and company policies; establish and document costing methodology.
• Establish and develop cost and schedule baselines, Work Breakdown Structures (WBS), budgets, Estimates to Complete (ETC) and Estimate at Completion (EAC) by program.
• Develop standard costs and indirect rates; complete ETC, program reserves and budget versus EAC variance analyses.
• Manage DCAA and/or customer audits and fact-finding investigations; create ad-hoc financial reporting, modeling, and analyses as required.
• Summarize project-related work to contribute to core forecasts, provide capital and P & L implications of projects;
• Recommend sub-contact strategies; develop competitive pricing strategies that are defendable; apply complex life cycle tools to achieve cost realism.
• Participate in safety training and actively comply with safety policies and practices; maintain a clean and safe workstation.
• Improve and maintain 5S in your area; make suggestions for improvements.
• Participate in Lean/Six Sigma activities in own work area as well as events for other areas to enhance cross-functional problem solving.
• Collaborate in team meetings and activities, including SET team support as appropriate.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Performs work with minimal direction; uses financial modeling analytical and problem solving skills while maintaining data integrity and accuracy;
• Exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and evaluation criteria to address new initiatives.
Minimum Job Qualifications
• Five (5) years of creating and analyzing financial data in a fast pace manufacturing environment, with government contract exposure
• Associate of Arts degree, required (AA).
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Finance or Accounting (BA), or Master in Business Administration (MBA) a plus
• Strong analytical skills with excellent attention to details
• Communication skills: ability to receive messages by telephone, in person, electronically and in writing; ask questions and rephrase statements to clarify meaning; ability to read, interpret and comprehend complex written and verbal general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations; ability to write routine reports and correspondence; ability to speak effectively before customers or employees; ability to communicate with quality, integrity and respect in a way that inspires others and encourages innovation and possibilities as well as communicate across organizational levels;
• Technical skills: well-developed financial modeling, analytical and problem solving skills; working knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and Cost Accounting;
• Analytical skills: ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations; ability to review and compare data to identify inconsistencies and determine priorities;
• Math skills: ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; ability to compute rate, ratio and percent; ability to create and use sophisticated financial modeling;
• Computer skills: exposure to a networked environment using a Windows and/or Windows like interface, proficient use of Microsoft office suite such as Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point and Access; ability to use Enterprise-wide information systems such as SAP;
• Time Management & Organizational skills: flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and assignments; ability to maintain confidentiality;
• Excellence Behaviors: remain engaged, proactive and positive even in tough circumstances; own assignments and be fully accountable for their success; align actions, behaviors and conversations to what matters most; bring out the best in others and recognize the value in every person’s contributions; ability to work independently being proactive to resolve work issues or notify supervisor of resources needed; ability to coordinate with other employees and as part of a team.
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.