MANAGER, US GOVERNMENT COMPLIANCE
LOCATION: SAN DIEGO, CA, COLORADO SPRINGS, CO, AND LANSDALE , PA
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
This position is responsible for:
- Providing practical, solution oriented guidance on all aspects of USG compliance.
- Overseeing US Government contracting compliance.
The main focus will be on internal controls, oversight, and compliance with Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFARS), Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) and Truth in Negotiations Act (TINA).
Create, track, maintain, perform analytics and support (indirect) bidding rates, direct labor rates, and communicate internally and externally (FPRP to ACO/DCMA/DCAA).
- Develop and maintain BU policies, tools and other resources related to USG Contracting and compliance programs and oversee compliance monitoring.
- Support BUs, sites, and employees regarding USG compliance to include assessments, non-compliances, interpretation and application of FAR, DFARs and CAS
- Ensure BUs/sites have proper internal controls to include policies, Procedures, and knowledge.
- Ensure proper internal control environment is in place.
- Perform Quarterly Floor Checks.
- Compile Annual Internal Control Questionnaire to identify risk (non-compliance) areas and remediate.
- Perform reviews and analysis of Business Systems, applicable DCAA Mandatory Annual Audit Requirements (MAARs) to ensure BUs/Sites are compliant.
- Cost Accounting Standards - Prepare/maintain Disclosure Statements
- Provide guidance on CAS changes and/or issues/non-compliances.
- Identify training needs and work with sites to establish plans to provide training.
- Establish routine and indoctrination training.
- Primary point of contact for DCAA/DCMA and/or Contract Audits.
- Manage allegations of non-compliance and any other disputes and ensure proper communication across various US audit agencies.
- Responsible for timely submittal of Incurred Cost Submissions.
- Travel to BU, CAES, and regional locations as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Management or related field.
- An advanced knowledge of FAR, CAS, TINA, Business Systems and Processes, Contract Clauses, Indirect Rates, Forward Pricing Agreements, and related rules and regulations.
- 10 years of experience in a government contract accounting/compliance environment.
- Capability to operate at, and communicate to, the senior levels within BU and CAES management.
- Must be available for travel to BU, CAES, and regional locations as required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain US Government security clearance, as required.
- Advanced degree preferred.
- CPA preferred.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.