This position will be responsible for the analysis and technical design of functionality to be implemented across our expanding applications portfolio. This position includes full ownership of all technical aspects of our application portfolio including managing the development, administration, and architecture teams in delivering, testing and deploying technology solutions This position will lead technical teams and work closely with the functional and business teams to understand requirements and functiona specifications to be implemented. Responsible for developing and implementing standards, procedures, and all required controls for development and system administration Set deadlines, assign responsibilities, mentor, and monitor progress of the teams
• Analyze functional specifications and business requirements to determine the
best way to implement requested functionality.
• Determine the optimal technical solution using APIs, web services, reusable
code and standard development methods.
• Develop custom schemas as required- Write detailed designs for the
implementation of the requested functionality.
• Support cost estimates, scope documents, and delivery schedules for projects.
• Work closely with functional specialists and the business users to ensure the
developed technology matches the desired requests.
• Lead integration development, testing, deployment, and maintenance.
• Facilitate issue resolution and enhancements/defect fix implementation.
• Manage the technical administration of all business applications and
underlying technologies (databases, integrations, etc.).
• Work with Information Security group to ensure that software components
meet the information security requirements.
• Effective verbal and written communication with senior-level management
and leadership on the customer side.
• 6+ Years Technical Manager experience
• 10+ Years technical experience as a developer, system administrator, or
• Able to qualify for a US Government clearance
• 4 year Degree or advanced degree in Information Technology, Computer
Science, Engineering or related field
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.