International Sales Director
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Directs and manages the overall global sales and marketing functions for Cobham Semiconductor Sales. Support the integration of the global sales and marketing functions of business units within the Semiconductor Solutions Group. As a member of the senior management staff, develops sales and marketing strategies, identifies new markets, develops and manages the marketing and sales force, and is responsible for developing and achieving sales objectives in support of the division’s revenue plan.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for the overall worldwide marketing and sales of products and services for Cobham Semiconductor Solutions. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Senior Management Team Member: As a member of the senior management team, assists in developing short and long term business plans and objectives. Participates in weekly senior staff meeting, monthly Budget and Business Review, bimonthly Strategic Initiatives, and other special meetings as required. Participates in decision making for Company plans, policies and procedures. Represents Company at various conferences and events, including CSME, GOMAC, HEART, SPWG, NSREC, RADECS and RHET.
· Sales Planning and Forecasting: Along with Business Area Directors and Direct or Sales (EMS, ASIC & Plainview Power) and other senior managers, develops annual bookings and billings plans and objectives. Tracks performance to plan and provides weekly, monthly, quarterly, and special reports as required. Submits daily Major Opportunity report updates. Develops and submits quarterly bookings Guidance View and Short Term Forecast. Conducts monthly bookings and billings reconciliation.
· Sales Team Management: Develops annual Regional Sales Manager (RSM) bookings and billings plan, including mid-year updates as required. Conducts annual sales meeting. Establishes, evaluates, and updates on a quarterly basis RSM MBOs. On a quarterly basis, develops and evaluates the Field Application Engineer (FAE) activity tracking compensation. Develops, implements and manages the Sales Compensation Plan to include quarterly evaluation and approval of RSM bookings and billings compensation, evaluation of MBO compensation, and compensation for FAE activities. Manages design-in splits for RSMs and sales representatives.
· Intermediary Management: Identifies requirements for Intermediaries (Advisors & Resellers). Hires, evaluates performance, terminates and replaces Intermediaries as needed. Negotiates and manages Advisors commissions. Responsible for developing, implementing, evaluating, and adjusting Intermediaries agreements.
· Sales Compensation Management: Responsible for developing, negotiating, implementing, maintaining and modifying the Sales and FAE compensation plans in accordance with Company approval processes and procedures. Sets team and individual sales targets and modifies according to plan. Reviews and approves RSM/FAE quarterly sales compensation payments. Reviews and approves monthly domestic and international Sales Representative commission payments.
· Sales and Marketing Department Management: Manages department staffing to meet business objectives. This includes identifying staffing needs, justifying requirements, hiring, developing talent, and managing performance and compensation. Approves weekly time cards. Conducts weekly department staff meeting and other meetings as needed. Conducts monthly product line telecons with product line directors and marketing and sales personnel. Responsible for department budgeting, including annual planning and mid-year updates.
· Direct Sales Manager: Direct responsibility for all accounts outside Europe. Including but not limited to Japan, China, Russia, S. Korea, and Israel.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May provide backup to VP in his absence. Present Marketing and Sales update at Quarterly Employee Meetings. Represent Company leadership at special community functions. Travel required approximately 50% of the time, 25-30 weeks per year, international and domestic.
Supervises a staff of, but not limited to 4-6 in department that reside in international locations. Work very closely with Marketing and Communications Manager, and 1 Administrative Assistant.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
BS Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent discipline. MS/MBA preferred. Position requires 12+ years of experience in semiconductor marketing and sales management in products and services associated with Company’s products and services. Successfully managed and lead international sales organization & Intermediaries (Resellers and Advisors).
· Knowledge in International Territory: Europe, Japan, India, Pacific Rim, Russia, S. Korea, Israel.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.