Cobham is seeking a Human Resources Business Partner to partner with client groups and their leadership teams to provide business level input to the development of HR and human capital strategies that takes into consideration individual business needs and overall enterprise and HR strategy.
• Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work effectively at all levels of the organization with emphasis on guarding the sensitivity and confidentiality of HR matters.
• Regarded as a problem solver with strong capabilities in counseling, coaching, assessing, developing and hiring talent.
• Has action-based, closure-oriented HR operational attributes.
• Answering to multiple stakeholders and facilitating change management with an emphasis on innovation and continuous improvement is customary.
• Develops the required knowledge of the business and management structure to be visibly impactful across all functions.
• Understands the short- and long-term strategic plans and partners to deploy effective HR plans and solutions for the broader business, which actionably result in enhanced organizational capabilities.
• Manager multiple projects and initiatives to ensure effective implementation and execution of program deliverables.
• Develops creative communications designed to address various levels of audience, which result in increased employee engagement and understanding. Proactively gets ahead of communicating by adeptly seeing the bigger picture.
• Drives the organization’s performance management, compensation, reward and retention practices and strategies to directly affect business continuity. Is relied upon as a strategic business partner when it comes to these topic areas.
• Reviews the effectiveness of activities on an ongoing basis, identifies opportunities for improvement and provides necessary feedback. Plays a key role in workforce planning, including helping to define plans to address gaps.
• Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements, conducting investigations, maintaining records, and representing the organization on legal matters.
• Maintains management directives and procedures (MDP’s) by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
• Takes ownership for advancing professional and technical knowledge of the Human Resources field by pursuing educational venues, reviewing HR publications, networking within the field, and participating in professional organizations.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Human Resources, or related field.
• Minimum of 5 years prior work experience of progressive responsibility and scope within HR or equivalent work experience.
• Demonstrated work experience must include consulting with and advising business leaders in a strategic business partner role
• Broad work experience in all areas of HR, for example: employee relations, compensation and benefits management, training and development
• Prior experience within a matrixed business model.
• Strong working knowledge of the compliance factors within government / defense contracting operations, to include EEO / AAP / OFCCP regulatory environment, including the requisite reporting
• Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• US Citizen
• Selected applicant will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet the eligibility requirements for access to classified information
• Master’s degree in Human Resources or MBA
• SPHR or PHR certification
• Active Secret Clearance
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.