Cobham is seeking a Key Account Manager that will be focused on the company’s continued growth in the existing markets and expanding into new ones as well as being involved in the long-term development plans for the business. This position is located in Lewisville, TX.
This position will provide key customers with account management, ensuring high levels of communication, ensuring deliveries are made on time to customer promise by active management of internal partners. It will provide direct sales support to assigned accounts for all run-rate (follow on) sales activities and ensure customer order book alignment and effective order acknowledgments, engaging with the customer proactively and be the main operational point of contact for customer communication internally and externally, acting as ‘voice of customer’. It will also ensure customer contractual commitments are met and executed effectively, gather and process customer forecast information to CRM and other business tools to support operational planning. This position will also support and facilitate the business objectives and KPIs relating to on time delivery performance, and revenue recognition and build a strong relationship with the customer to enable new opportunities and facilitate growth and feed into Outside Sales.
Order Management and Quotes:
- In conjunction with Outside Sales Managers, align customer forecast orders & data to platform production and fit.
- Book and ship opportunity management: align opportunities for all supported Value Streams’ order intake via effective and accurate use of the CRM system.
- Collect and manage demand forecasts from assigned customers, input accurately into the operational planning tools in order to produce & track demand at part number and quantity levels.
- Ensure direct alignment between customer portals, Lewisville Systems and affiliate ERP/management systems.
- Provide periodic sales data (latest order book updates and customer requested schedule adjustments) to the appropriate value stream managers/KAM to ensure customer requirements are addressed.
- Work with affiliate value stream management/KAM to establish actual valid lead time for new customer orders to ensure alignment on order fulfilment commitments.
- In support of Outside Sales, coordinate the timely issue of customer quotes, with valid lead times, as required.
- Check quotes for non-standard elements and reviewing with the following with stakeholders:
- Outside sales for clear requirements definition.
- Export compliance and contractual conditions.
- Affiliate Operations/KAM for non-standard lead-time, non-standard orders and scheduling commitments.
- Affiliate Engineering for customer specific specification and/or installation/configuration requirements.
- Affiliate Program Management for any Non-Recurring Engineering/ milestone commitments
- Sales Operation Performance: KPI
- Control and manage the customer performance review meetings and holding cross functional representatives responsible for on time delivery performance. Manage daily commitments for resolution of customer detailed order line commitments with owners assigned.
- Create and manage customer KPIs to the required standards, with frequent review presented back to the business.
- Prepare and lead key monthly review to include all customer issues with an associated dashboard – On time delivery; Sales performance; Order book health; RCPS of key issues.
- Identify, manage and resolve actions arising from Customer Contract reviews.
- Arrange, facilitate, and attend customer performance reviews and visits, ensuring attendance of key stakeholders.
- Support the alignment and ensuring the accurate transfer of customer platform production and operational plans.
- Ensure accurate order book alignment with customer order book or portal, reviewing at least weekly and aligning with customer.
- Prepare and monitor the customer order book financial pipeline and subsequent inclusion in the site and Business Unit pipeline.
- Understand and effectively manage customer programs and budgets.
- Ensure customer response times and communications are set against agreed SLA commitments.
- Assist in the resolution of overdue payments from customers.
- Generate and distribute customer visit reports.
- Effectively manage business systems.
- Develop and continually improve business processes and interdepartmental functioning.
- Completed HS Diploma or GED.
- 3+ years of Customer Service experience.
- 1+ years’ experience working in sales related role.
- 3+ years’ experience using MS Office software including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Excel skills: demonstrated ability to create formulas, charts, graphs, pivot tables.
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Completed Bachelor’s Degree.
- Experience in an account manager role .
- Experience within the aerospace / defense industry.
- Experience working with internal business operating systems such as ERP and CRM.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
See all of our latest opportunities at www.cobham.com/careers or follow us on our LinkedIn page at www.linkedin.com/company/cobham
To be considered you must apply by going to www.cobham.com/careers