Cobham is seeking a Security Analyst to be responsible for Day-to-day operations of in-place security solutions including the identification, investigation and resolution of security breaches detected by those systems. Tasks may include involvement in the implementation of new security solutions, participation in the creation and maintenance procedures. The IT Security Analyst is expected to be aware of the enterprise’s security goals as established by its stated policies, procedures and guidelines and to actively work towards upholding those goals. This position is located in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX.
- Participate in the planning and design of enterprise security architecture, under the direction of the IT Security leadership, where appropriate.
- Participate in the creation of enterprise security procedure documents under the direction of the IT Security Manager or Principal IT Security Analyst, where appropriate.
- Maintain up-to-date detailed knowledge of the IT security industry including awareness of new or revised solutions, improved processes and the development of new attacks and threat vectors.
- Recommend additional security solutions or enhancements to existing security solutions to improve overall enterprise security.
- Work with the business to perform security risk assessments and other security reviews as necessary.
- Perform the deployment, integration and initial configuration of new security solutions and of any enhancements to existing security solutions in accordance with standard best operating procedures generically and the enterprise’s security documents specifically.
- Identifies security risks, threats and vulnerabilities of networks, systems, applications and new technology initiatives.
- Perform day to day operations of firewalls, intrusion detection systems, enterprise anti-virus and other security related services as required.
- Ensure the enforcement of Cobham security requirements including, but not limited to Export Control and Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI).
- Maintain operational configurations of all in-place security solutions as per the established baselines and in association with the wider security team.
- Periodically audit in-place security solutions for efficient and appropriate operations.
- Participate in investigations into problematic activity.
- Review logs and take necessary action to resolve operational issues.
- Enhance McAfee end point protection product suite to make best use of updates to the product set and minimize operational impact of end points.
- 5+ years’ experience in network, host, data, application, O/S systems environments.
- 3+ years’ experience building and running Palo Alto firewalls.
- 5+ years’ experience with internet, web, application and network security techniques.
- 5+ years’ experience administering McAfee end point products – AV, device control, DLP.
- 5 years’ experience in enterprise security architecture design.
- 5 years’ experience in enterprise security document creation.
- 3+ years with Websense/ Forcepoint. Or Webproxy
- Eligible to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which requires USA Citizenship
- Bachelors Degree.
- F5 LTM & APM.
- RSA SecurID.
- GIAC Security Essentials Certification.
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer: Security.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate.
- Palo Alto ACE/PCNSE.
- (ISC)2: SCCP, CISSP, ISSAP.
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
See all of our latest opportunities at www.cobham.com/careers or follow us on our LinkedIn page at www.linkedin.com/company/cobham
To be considered you must apply by going to www.cobham.com/careers