Cobham is seeking a SCCM Engineer that will maintain and develop the Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager and Operations Manager toolsets. Will help provide configuration support, monitoring and patching for the data center environments within the North America region. This position is located in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX.
- Create, document and maintain processes and procedures for patching and maintaining server Operating Systems
- Working closely with the relevant technology teams to oversee monthly patching cycles are implemented successfully
- Create and continuously develop baseline server configurations to ensure that all servers meet required standards within each region
- Testing and deployment of patches to ensure compliance with Security policies
- Monitoring critical and core services to ensure accurate visibility of issues and potential problems
- Create and maintain dashboards to show server and service health and configuration status
- Produce regular reports to show compliance and health status
- Manage integrations with other toolsets such as ITSM, Software Asset Management and Vulnerability Management
- Work with the Endpoint team to maintain the desktop estate from a security best practice, configuration management, patching and compliance position
- Ensure that documentation is maintained and updated to a high standard
- Ensure that regular patching is completed and reported on within required timeframes
- Proactively monitor service status
- 3+ years’ experience with the Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) toolset
- 3+ years’ experience with the Microsoft System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) toolset
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Bachelors Degree
- Windows Server 2008 R2, 2012 R2 and 2016
- Shavlik Patch
- Shavlik Protect
- Relevant Microsoft Certifications
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
See all of our latest opportunities at www.cobham.com/careers or follow us on our LinkedIn page at www.linkedin.com/company/cobham
To be considered you must apply by going to www.cobham.com/careers