Cobham Mission Systems are recruiting for a Business Development Manager who will be responsible for driving revenue growth by leading front end pursuits and campaigns for both new technology for existing customers (Business Development) and new technology for new customers (Market Development). This role will be focused around our Weapons Carriage & Release products. The position is based in Wimborne, Dorset but will require frequent travel internationally (primarily Europe & Asia)
As a Business Development Manager your skills and experience will ideally include: -
· Extensive Aerospace experience, preferably within a military environment.
· Experience of weapons carriage & release products highly desirable.
· Experience as a Capture Manager.
· Strong knowledge of customer and end user operational requirements.
· Good IT skills, PC literate and able to use IT to improve access to customers (webex, internet calls)
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· High levels of commercial acumen, able to represent Cobham in customer negotiations.
· Customer focused and results oriented.
As a Business Development Manager your main responsibilities will involve: -
· Developing robust solutions to customer requirements
· Accountability for the delivery of Order Intake, in accordance with budgeted expectations.
· Use of SOF-BW best practice to identify, qualify and develop revenue opportunities
· Acting as a Capture Team Manager
· Maximising revenues for the business
· Managing the preparation and submission of proposals and represent the business in contract negotiation
· Contributing to internal business strategy development including market analysis, product and technology roadmaps, and other marketing tasks
· Acting as 'voice of the customer' and encourage team behaviours that focus on adding value and delivering customer benefits
· Establishing long term relationships with key decision makers of OEMs/end users
About Cobham Mission Systems
The most capable critical control solutions for extreme environments.
As the world’s leading supplier of critical control solutions, we help our customers to increase the safety and mission capabilities of their personnel and equipment in extreme environments.
Our proven and trusted solutions in air-to-air refuelling, life support, weapons carriage and unmanned systems, deliver assured performance and class-leading through-life costs that enable our customers to bring complex projects to market quickly, and with minimal risk.
About Cobham plc
Cobham is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from deep space to the depths of the ocean.
Click here to find out more about us and or check out our LinkedIn company page