Cobham SATCOM is looking for a talented RF engineer to join our R&D team. You will be involved in RF development for our leading satellite communications products - in particular for our Aeronautical segment.
This role is based in KGS. Lyngby, Copenhagen.
Key skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- M.Sc. or B.Sc. in engineering (RF) with a minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar job in the electronics industry.
- Strong experience from RF HW development and design covering circuits such as LNA, HPA, PLL, active and passive filters, amplifiers, mixers, modulators/demodulator and general analogue interface/sensor electronics.
- Solid knowledge of RF/Microwave simulation and measuring techniques - L-band, Ku- and Ka-bands experience desirable. Experience in operation of spectrum- and network analysers.
- You have a system overview and can for example understand link budgets/RF system budgets as well as aspects of digital electronics, power supply and mechanics.
- EMC measurements experience and an understanding of applicable regulatory standards.
- System integration experience
- Strong sense of ownership and responsibility of own tasks.
- You are focused, energetic and have strong interpersonal skills. You take initiatives and are good at communicating with your colleagues, suppliers and other departments on a technical level.
- You are a dedicated team player with focus on knowledge sharing.
- Team and/or technical lead aspirations
- Ability to plan, schedule and track work within own area.
- Experience from aeronautic industry
- Knowledge of Satellite (VSAT/BGAN), Wi-Fi or Cellular communication.
As an RF Engineer your responsibilities will include:
You will join our R&D department which is located at our Headquarters in Lyngby, Copenhagen; the largest of our 4 development sites.
You will be working hands-on with all phases of the development process - from defining design requirement, designing for high-reliability applications, peer reviewing own and others’ design, product implementation, error-tracking on prototypes, verification to design documentation.
As a natural extension to the development cycle you will also be contributing with documentation for production and offer support during new product introduction to both our internal- and external- production partners.
You will be involved in an exciting and high profile project developing world leading solutions based on Inmarsat BGAN satellite communication system for aeronautical communication.
About Cobham SATCOM
Our satellite and radio communication terminals perform in the most challenging and remote environments on land, at sea and in the air. We design and manufacture these high performance products under the AVIATOR, EXPLORER, SAILOR and Sea Tel brands providing customers with outstanding performance, value and support through our global sales and service network.
About Cobham plc
Cobham is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from deep space to the depths of the ocean.
A world leader in advanced communication systems
Cobham SATCOM is a leading manufacturer of satellite communication systems used for maritime, aeronautical and land purposes which provide communication over a global satellite network to customers all over the world. These are exciting times for Cobham SATCOM. In the past year alone, we have won contracts with Airbus for our AVIATOR S product series, making this smaller, lighter and better satcom solution the undisputed leader in next-generation flight deck connectivity.