Cobham Antennas Systems has an opportunity for a Key Account Manager to join the team in Marlow. This role is to provide key customers with account management, ensuring high levels of communication, achieving COTTP and minimising arrears by active management of internal partners.
Ensure customer order book alignment and effective order acknowledgments, engaging with the customer proactively. Be the main operational point of contact for customer communication internally and externally. Act as ‘voice of customer’ and to ensure customer contractual commitments are met and executed effectively
At Cobham Antennas, we design and manufacture active and passive avionics antennas and electronic control systems for military and civil communications, navigation and search and rescue applications. We pioneered frequency agile VHF tuneable antennas and continue to be a key supplier to major avionics companies. Our GPS anti-jam technology utilises state of the art DSP algorithms with an active antenna to eliminate both narrow-band and wide-band jamming signals. We have world leading technology in Ground Penetrating Radar and RF interference mitigation. Both military and civil users rely on our direction finding systems for search and rescue operations.
As Key Account Manager your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Preferably educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Demonstrable experience of working within a customer service environment, preferably in the aerospace/defence industry.
- Strong track record of identifying customer needs and successfully implementing solutions.
- Takes an active interest in opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen customer relationships.
- Fully conversant with the full suite of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer and Outlook) and other internal business systems such as MRP, CRM and ERP.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy. High level of numeracy.
- Self-motivated, tenacious, flexible and determined.
- European language skills are desirable.
As Key Account Manager your main responsibilities will involve:
- Managing the contracted price list of key customer accounts, applying the correct escalations and resolving price matrix issues.
- In conjunction with Outside Sales Managers - Align customer forecast orders & data to platform production and fit.
- Book and ship opportunity management, aligning CRM opportunities with the Marlow Value Stream order intake via effective and accurate use of the CRM system.
- Collecting and managing demand forecasts from the customer, feeding directly and accurately into the SIOP process in order to produce & track accurate demand at part number and quantity levels. Where applicable utilise customer portals effectively.
- Ensure direct alignment between customer Portal / ERP and Marlow ERP system.
- Presenting sales data (latest order book updates; customer requested pull-in/ push-outs) at daily operations meetings, taking ownership as a voice of customer for customer orders.
- Working with Supply Chain, Operations (& Engineering if applicable), to establish actual valid lead time for new customer orders to ensure alignment on order fulfilment commitments.
- Risk and opportunity management relating to part number obsolescence or engineering changes (ECN), platforms, customers, revenue and arrears.
- As required in support of Outside sales coordinating the timely issue of customer quotes, with valid lead times.
- Checking quotes for non-standard elements and reviewing with the following with stakeholders:
- Outside sales for clear requirements definition.
- Export compliance and contractual conditions.
- Operations for non-standard lead-time, stranger orders and scheduling commitment.
- Engineering for customer specific specification and/or installation/configuration requirements.
- Program Management for any NRE / milestone commitments
What we will be looking for in you:
Effectively managing business systems, Developing and continually improving business processes and interdepartmental functioning. Supporting other Business Unit integration into the Marlow Business systems
About Cobham Antennas Systems
Cobham Antenna Systems develop and manufacture high specification sector and multi-sector, directional, omni-directional, ultra-wideband (UWB) and MIMO antennas.
A wide range of products are available for customers, small and large, worldwide in Commercial, Military, Satellite and Security markets.
About Cobham plc
Cobham is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from deep space to the depths of the ocean.