Cobham SATCOM is looking for a talented RF Systems Integration Engineer to join our R&D antenna development department.
High professionalism at one the industry’s best working places, where innovation and engagement are the major driving forces. You will be working in an international, occasionally hectic environment. You will be part of projects in relatively small cross functional teams.
At the Lyngby site the R&D department has more than 200 highly qualified engineers working with hardware and software development. The professional environment is open and inspiring with focus on the latest technology and development methods which are supported by advanced instruments and development tools.
Cobham SATCOM has a wide variety of social activities: a number of sports clubs, wine tasting and arts club. Our canteen has a very good reputation and there are two company parties each year where you can meet your skilled colleagues.
Our goal is to create state-of-the-art technology through innovative solutions, available material and efficient production processes. At Cobham SATCOM you are part of the entire development process from idea and conceptual phase, through simulation, design, test and type approval to hand-over to production.
This role is based in KGS. Lyngby, Copenhagen.
As an RF Systems Integration Engineer your key skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Msc or Bsc in engineering (RF) with a minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar role in the electronics industry.
- Knowledge of and experience with EMC measurements.
- Profound knowledge of RF/Microwave measurement methods (1 GHz – 40 GHz) and operation of spectrum and network analyzers.
- Experience with system integration – i.e. get various modules of a system to work together.
- You have system overview, for example you can understand link budgets/RF system budgets, but you can also understand other issues in areas like digital electronics, power supply and mechanics
- You are focused, energetic and extrovert. You take initiatives and are good at communicating with your colleagues.
- Ability to communicate with suppliers and other departments on a technical level.
- You have problem solving capabilities.
- You can communicate (written and oral) in English. Danish speakers would be highly desirable but not essential.
- You are a dedicated team player and go in for knowledge sharing.
- Knowledge of VSAT and Inmarsat BGAN.
- Knowledge of BUCs, LNBs and L-band electronics, including measuring these.
- Knowledge of antennas L band / Ku-Ka band
- Knowledge of good product construction.
- Eager to learn about system component of a VSAT /BGAN antenna
- Flair for mechanic
As an RF Systems Integration Engineer your main responsibilities will involve:
Among other tasks you will work with the newest generation of stabilized steerable antennas developed by Cobham SATCOM, to be used in VSAT (Ku/Ka band) and Inmarsat’s BGAN (L band) satellite communication systems. These products represent an important share of our product range for maritime and land-mobile applications. These applications use the frequency range covering 1 MHz to 40 GHz.
There will be a variety of tasks, primarily system integration and measurement activities on VSAT/BGAN antennas, verification / qualifying measurements of various antenna modules, EMC measurements, qualifying measurements towards type approval etc.. You will also work with RF system budgets. It is an advantage if you are good at understanding complicated systems. If you have a background in development, hardware development with components may become an option.
As a natural step in the development process you will contribute to produce documentation for manufacturing and support during production startup of new products.
Please be advised that successful candidates must be willing to present a criminal record and go through the mandatory security clearance prior to commencing employment with Cobham SATCOM
About Cobham SATCOM
Our satellite and radio communication terminals perform in the most challenging and remote environments on land, at sea and in the air. We design and manufacture these high performance products under the AVIATOR, EXPLORER, SAILOR and Sea Tel brands providing customers with outstanding performance, value and support through our global sales and service network.
About Cobham plc
Cobham is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from deep space to the depths of the ocean.
Click here to find out more about us and or check out our LinkedIn company page
For more information please contact Claire.mcdougall@Cobham.com