Cobham is seeking a Buyer/Planner that will execute purchasing activities in support of the manufacture of products related to the specific value stream where the position is currently open. The position is responsible for but not limited to: supplier on-time delivery, inventory levels based on buying strategy of Kanban or Min/Max or MRP, leveling the manufacturing schedule based on incoming materials from the supply base, planning method of parts, monitoring and maintenance of parts to meet value stream performance metrics. This position is located in Orchard Park, NY.
- To procure all materials required to manufacture sub-assemblies and finished products
- Identify preferred material planning methodology for each item based on Cobham Mission Systems best practices
- Monitor and adjust material planning methods in response to changes in customer demand
- To determine levels of inventory to meet organizational metrics
- Negotiate and administer purchase orders in support of production needs
- To develop and monitor plans to reduce/eliminate excess and slow moving inventory
- To work with finance to address any payment issues
- To work with operations and sales to develop level loaded production schedule based on capacity and customer needs
- Responsible for ensuring that Environmental, Health, and Safety are included as part of everyday activities
- Completed Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in purchasing and planning in a manufacturing environment
- Minimum of 1 year of experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Experience with an ERP system in a manufacturing environment
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Ability to read drawings and interpret specifications
- Solid understanding of materials management methodologies
- Organizational, communication, computer, negotiation, and leadership skills
- APICS or ISM Certification or the ability to obtain within 3 years
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing or use of a Kanban Calculator
- Familiar with FAR/ITAR and Government Contracting
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
See all of our latest opportunities at www.cobham.com/careers or follow us on our LinkedIn page at www.linkedin.com/company/cobham
To be considered you must apply by going to www.cobham.com/careers