Cobham Mission Systems are looking for a Product Director to lead a portfolio of complex and business critical product development projects. Responsibilities will include leading the identification and delivery of the product technology roadmaps as well as project delivery of ongoing planned value and customer contracted commitments. This role is predominately an internally facing role, delivering products across a number of different customer platforms with common technology. The role also includes responsibility for supporting the common technologies and delivering the production quantities across all projects. Approximate team size is around 70 to 100 people, predominately direct employees. Motivating the whole team to deliver the business case and margins expected. These will be the largest and most complex programs in Cobham.
The role is based in Wimborne, Dorset.
As a Product Director your skills and qualifications will ideally include
• Experience in New Product Introduction into an aerospace environment
• At Senior Program Manager or Program Director level in your current position.
• Experience of managing complex programs with the same or similar functions and technology, with a proven delivery track record.
• Expert knowledge of the functional disciplines and supply chain that require management.
• Expert knowledge and demonstrable experience of PPM techniques
As a Product Director your main responsibilities will involve
• Lead the identification and delivery of NPI across a number of different technologies supporting the advancement of Air to Air Refuelling
• Deliver program to agreed time, cost and quality parameters ensuring benefits are realised in line with strategic plans.
• Direct motivate and provide leadership for the program team.
• Manage risks and issues proactively.
• Lead the program teams planning efforts and identify resource requirements based on agreed scope.
• Manage relationships with internal key customers.
• Manage and deliver the required product (s) for each program, phase or stage motivating the supply chain.
• Direct tracking, updating and reporting progress and or variance on all aspects of the Program to include financials (EAC), program plans (IMS), work breakdown structures (WBS), program risk registers and LCM.
• Manage the changes and contract variations to optimise costs and margins
About Cobham Mission Systems
The most capable critical control solutions for extreme environments.
As the world’s leading supplier of critical control solutions, we help our customers to increase the safety and mission capabilities of their personnel and equipment in extreme environments.
Our proven and trusted solutions in air-to-air refuelling, life support, weapons carriage and unmanned systems, deliver assured performance and class-leading through-life costs that enable our customers to bring complex projects to market quickly, and with minimal risk.
About Cobham plc
Cobham is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from deep space to the depths of the ocean.
Click here to find out more about us and or check out our LinkedIn company page