Cobham Aviation Services has an exciting opportunity for a Principle Electronics Design Engineer to join our business. The Principle Electronics Design Engineer is responsible for applying discipline domain expertise to the design, development and delivery new products processes and technologies. The Principle Electronics Design Engineer will typically be part of an Integrated Product Team (IPT) and will contribute to the performance of the IPT to ensure that the performance expectations are met or exceeded. The Principle Electronics Design Engineer shall employ the appropriate discipline processes, practices and tools to ensure that responsibilities are completed to meet the required project requirements and discipline quality.
When allocated as the technical lead of an IPT the Principle Electronics Design Engineer will be the responsible engineer for a project, program or product development. Responsible for the delivery of a technically compliant solution within the required project objectives (quality, technical performance, schedule and budget) and in compliance with the required standards, processes and practices (e.g. Life Cycle Management, Standard Operating Framework for Engineering and ITAR). The Principle Electronics Design Engineer will be expected to lead the engineering team and to be the technical point of contact for the project internally and externally. This position is based at Bournemouth International airport in Christchurch, Bournemouth
As a Principle Electronics Design Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
· Experience in Electronic warfare (Radar, Communications systems) eg. ECM, ESM, RWR, DF system specification and/or design
· Design experience and/or appreciation of some of the following areas:
Ø RF and wideband antenna Systems
Ø Analogue, Digital and power supply Electronics design
Ø Embedded Software, Firmware and Digital Signal Processing
· Experience in design & development lifecycle from concept and requirements capture, system architecture, design specification, ICDs to system integration, verification and liaising with production.
· Responsibility for design tasks and review processes.
· Quality control of design lifecycle processes - AS9100
· Experience in some of the following tools: Matlab/Simulink, UML modelling, OrCAD, FPGA Design Suite, Software Development Kit, PSpice, configuration control tools.
· Experience in some of the following electronics technology and interfaces, RF Up/down conversion, DRFM, wideband ADC DAC, Ethernet 1G/10G, PCIexpress, RS232/422, UART, SPI, I2C, etc
· Experience with working in laboratory test environment and with some of the following test equipment: Spectrum Analyser, Signal Analyser, Signal Generator, Oscilloscope, DVM
· Experience in meeting some of the following domain specific standard/requirements: ILS, Security, EMC, LVD, TEMPEST, DO-178, DO-160
· Experience of working with platform integration and design certification engineers and an EASA 21J / DAOS Design Organization.
· Familiar with commercial, aerospace and defense industries, markets, products and technologies
· The ability to work within a large organization in a matrix management structure
· Strong technical report writing and presentation skills
· Familiar with engineering processes, practices and measures of performance for the discipline
· Proven ability to work and deliver to time pressure and deadlines
· Excellent organizational, communication, and leadership skills
· Ability to obtain a SC Security Clearance
· Educational qualifications: Minimum Technical Degree or equivalent
As Principle Electronics Design Engineer your responsibilities will include:
· Safety first. Operate at Special Mission in accordance with the SHE standards. Identify where the SHE Standards are applicable to appointed operations/tasks and apply safe systems of work identified.
· Application of discipline domain knowledge to the design, development and delivery of new products, processes and technologies on time, within budget and with required quality.
· Continued development of discipline competence and expertise.
· Application of, and compliance with, engineering processes and practices including engineering framework, LCM and regulatory requirements.
· Identification of opportunities for improvement in discipline processes, practices and tools.
· Collaboration with other project team members to address project requirements.
· Collaboration with discipline peers within the team, BU and company to share and learn best practise.
· Propose new technologies, materials and processes to maintain and grow our technology differentiations.
· Propose and develop new products.
· Contribute to business winning technical proposals.
About Cobham Aviation Services
Cobham Special Mission, which is part of Cobham Aviation Services, provides customers with integrated services for airborne special mission operations. Its capabilities include aerial surveillance, operational readiness training, aircraft modification and integration, search and rescue, and environment surveillance and response.
Cobham Special Mission uses highly customised aircraft to conduct border protection and surveillance operations in Australia and the UK, as well as providing operational readiness training through electronic warfare training for the UK Ministry of Defence. It’s also a leading supplier of flight inspection services.
About Cobham plc
Cobham is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from deep space to the depths of the ocean.
Click here to find out more about us and or check out our LinkedIn company page