Cobham is seeking a Supply Chain Program Manager that will manage the procurement activities of programs by liaising with Sales Program Managers, Buyers, and the customer directly. This position will be responsible for ensuring delivery within prescribed time frames and funding parameters and will support the program as the Supply Chain point of contact from initiation through delivery. This position is located in Davenport, IA.
- Reviews project proposal or plan and provides input for pricing and purchasing strategy
- Monitors Program Health with a specific focus on parts pipeline health; Raises concerns to appropriate parties and creates action plan to proactively address concerns
- Coordinates with Commodity Managers, Buyers, Suppliers, and other necessary parties to ensure that Program parts pipeline is healthy, and that parts are being purchased at price levels that will support Program margin requirements
- Works directly with Sales Program teams to support all Purchasing-related Program needs including ensuring accurate data is being sent to buyers for correct PO placement requirements (i.e. contractual items, approved sources)
- Acts as the Supply Chain point of Contact to the customer, which may require attendance at customer meetings, providing reports to the customer, etc.
- Balances customer inventory health with overall company inventory levels
- Develop/work action plans with Sales Program teams to reduce profitability risks
- Compiles status reports on Program part health for senior management, client, or others
- Confers with Sales Program teams to provide technical advice and to resolve problems
- Works within an organization that is geographically dispersed and located at multiple sites
- Performs other duties as requested, directed or assigned
- Cumulative Program Revenue size ranges from 20 M USD to 60 M USD
- Programs require support at multiple sites; often in multiple countries
- Occasional direct people-management responsibility (contract admin labor etc.)
- Completed Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration or a technical field
- 10+ years of experience in Supply Chain or Program Management
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in project management, including experience with MRP functions as related to demand and procurement functions
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Completed Master’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration or a technical field
- Experience managing (either directly or indirectly) a geographically distributed and cross functional team
- Ability to create consensus and results from peers in cross-functional positions
- Ability to tailor communications to multiple audiences
- Ability to manage conflict across multiple roles and teams
- Knowledge of Just in Time (JIT) inventory management processes and philosophies
- Intermediate skills utilizing Excel, Access and PowerPoint programs
- Understanding of financial reports and expense control (i.e. Profit and Loss reports)
- Proven ability to analyze data and successfully develop and execute project plans
- Experience developing and delivering presentations to both customers, public groups, and internal organizations (i.e. top management, boards of directors)
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and interact with leadership (minimum – up to 2 levels up)
- Able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Experience working with customers in the Aerospace industry preferred
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
See all of our latest opportunities at www.cobham.com/careers or follow us on our LinkedIn page at www.linkedin.com/company/cobham
To be considered you must apply by going to www.cobham.com/careers