Cobham Mission Systems are looking for a Supplier Quality Engineer to be responsibility for establishing supplier approval system, conducting audits, and improving Supplier Quality performance whilst ensuring adherence to Quality Management System requirements.
You will also drive root cause analysis and the on-going development of increased supplier capability whilst establishing quality standards for suppliers who are providing materials per specifications.
This role is home based and will cover the South England – Luton/Stansted
Cobham’s business is built on the assurance of Quality and building customer confidence in our products. We are growing our Quality team to provide leadership into key areas of Customer Programmes and Design Assurance. Cobham is investing in a 50% increase of our team from 30 to 45 staff to strengthen our business and help to deliver Quality products on-time. The Quality Department is core in working across all functions to improve our process through corrective and preventive means.
As a Supplier Quality Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Experience working in a supply chain organization - Preferred
- Previous experience as a supplier quality engineer or supplier developer within a technology company (ideally mechanical/aerospace) – Preferred
- Proven experience of driving root cause with Suppliers
- Proven background in Quality Assurance and thorough understanding of Quality tools and techniques
- Understanding of key aerospace Quality Standards such as AS/EN 9100 and NADCAP
- Good technical engineering knowledge and ability to read engineering drawings
- Supplier Relationship management
As a Supplier Quality Engineer your main responsibilities will involve:
- Manage supplier approval processes, identifying, certifying, and auditing suppliers,
- Drive supplier quality management in line with company control procedures, and relevant regulatory standards e.g., AS/EN 9100
- Drive prioritized supplier nonconformance management and root cause analysis
- Develop suppliers to more effectively support Cobham at lower costs over time
- Ensure Quality Assurance for new and existing suppliers including audits, source inspections, First Article Inspection sign-off and change control process management
- Ensure accurate flow down of Quality requirements to suppliers throughout Product Lifecycle
- Improve supplier Quality Metrics by driving improvement plans with suppliers
- Ensure best practice is adopted within the supply chain to ensure highest levels of product integrity
- Development of supplier capability via strategic and tactical improvement activities.
- Develops, applies, revises and maintains supplier quality standards.
- Visits supplier sites to observe quality systems and material manufacture processes.
- Analyses, tracks and reports discrepancies and corrective actions taken when vendor products are rejected/returned on receipt or fail post acceptance.
- Prepares documentation for inspection/testing procedures.
- Participates in First Article Inspections at suppliers
- Participates in Continuous Improvement Projects
About Cobham Mission Systems
The most capable critical control solutions for extreme environments.
As the world’s leading supplier of critical control solutions, we help our customers to increase the safety and mission capabilities of their personnel and equipment in extreme environments.
Our proven and trusted solutions in air-to-air refuelling, life support, weapons carriage and unmanned systems, deliver assured performance and class-leading through-life costs that enable our customers to bring complex projects to market quickly, and with minimal risk.
About Cobham plc
Cobham is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from deep space to the depths of the ocean.
Click here to find out more about us and or check out our LinkedIn company page