Cobham is seeking an Information Technology Security Engineering Analyst who will work in concert with the Security Architect to plan and implement security measures, identify and implement security controls, all designed to protect computer systems, networks and data.
They will examine network security measures in light of threat trends in order to predict attack vectors and eliminate the associated vulnerabilities. They will analyze where security breaches may occur, or have occurred, in conjunction with the SOC analyst, and develop measures to repair or strengthen systems against such breaches. They are also responsible for conducting vulnerability and penetration testing against the IT infrastructure.
They will investigate security incidents in conjunction with SOC analysts, to develop and implement a mitigation plan. They are also responsible for preventing compromise, data loss and service interruptions by identifying new technologies that will effectively protect the network. This position is headquartered out of Crystal City, VA but is open to remote options.
- Designing computer security architecture and developing detailed cyber security designs in conjunction with the Security Architect
- Protecting system by defining access privileges, control structures, and resources
- Implementing security improvements by assessing current situation; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
- Determines security violations and inefficiencies by conducting periodic audits
- Prepare reports that document security breaches and the extent of the damage caused by the breaches
- Develop security standards and best practices for their organization
- Develop, implement and test corporate disaster recovery plans
- Conducting regular vulnerability scanning testing using security scanning tools designed to identify existing vulnerabilities
- Conduct regular Penetration testing against corporate infrastructure designed to illuminate infrastructure
- Engineering, implementing and monitoring security measures for the protection of computer systems, networks and information
- Evaluating Software and Hardware solutions for potential implementations
- Identifying and defining system security requirements
- 5 years’ experience in IT
- Experience in security architecture, security application scanning, vulnerability assessment, network and application security protection, prevention and mitigation techniques
- Implementation experience with enterprise SIEM security solutions
- Experience with cloud computing technologies and workload transition challenges
- Experience in firewall implementation
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- BA/BS Computer Science or Math
- Experience implementation programs for improved network security, including segmentation, perimeter and in-depth monitoring, and active response
- Firewall implementation experience including Palo Alto Networks, Juniper and Cisco and F5
- Knowledge of common encryption technologies (PGP, SSH, SSL, etc.) and protocols (RADIUS, LDAP, KERBEROS, SAML, etc.)
- Experience with network routing and virtualization technologies: BGP, ISIS, GRE, MPLS, VXLAN, and IPSEC
- Proven ability to succinctly communicate complicated technical security issues and the risks they pose to corporate data.
- Security certifications, i.e. CISSP, SANS, GIAC, CISA, CISM, etc.
- Experience with NIST Security Framework, DFAR requirements, and other Cybersecurity standards
- Experience with data classification based on Corporate Policy and treatment in transit and at rest
- Familiarity with Public clouds such as AWS and MS Dynamic and associated security threats/mitigations, and common attack vectors
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.