Cobham Mission Systems are currently recruiting for a Graduate/Post Apprenticeship Development Engineer to strengthen our Test and Environmental Engineering group, who are responsible for functional and environmental development and qualification activities to support integrated project teams (IPT). This may involve tasks across either of the main business areas of Air to Air Refuelling and Auxiliary Mission Equipment.
The Graduate/Post Apprenticeship Development Engineer will be expected to follow current departmental process and will be encouraged to participate in the further development of these processes. The successful candidate will work as part of an engineering team at IPT or at sub system level supporting activities demonstrating the function and performance of our products in their operating environment. The majority of the work will be carried out at Cobham Mission System’s purpose built engineering facility in Wimborne, Dorset. Occasional (infrequent) travel may be required to support the progression of tasks at external test facilities.
As a Graduate/Post Apprenticeship Development Engineer your skills and qualifications will include:
- Completion of an engineering apprenticeship, a year in industry as part of a masters degree or a graduate scheme – preferably within an Aerospace business (other regulated engineering industries considered).
- A passion for wanting to further develop technical and academic capacity within their career.
- Demonstrable interest in development/test engineering through study or preferably working experience in an engineering business.
- Be proficient in the use of Microsoft Windows/Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Access).
- Strong alphanumeric data entry skills with a high level of accuracy & attention to detail.
- Work effectively in a team environment with strong personal values.
- Be confident, proactive and professional.
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills.
As a Graduate/Post Apprenticeship Development Engineer your main responsibilities will involve:
- Provide support to the Development Engineering team including the preparation, construction and commissioning of test equipment.
- Compilation of test procedures, reports, analysis and interpretation of test data.
- Attend test activities including the control of hardware, support equipment and transportation.
- Ensure compliance to all relevant company process and procedures as well as meeting requirements for Safety, Health and the Environment.
About Cobham Mission Systems
The most capable critical control solutions for extreme environments.
As the world’s leading supplier of critical control solutions, we help our customers to increase the safety and mission capabilities of their personnel and equipment in extreme environments.
Our proven and trusted solutions in air-to-air refuelling, life support, weapons carriage and unmanned systems, deliver assured performance and class-leading through-life costs that enable our customers to bring complex projects to market quickly, and with minimal risk.
About Cobham plc
Cobham is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from deep space to the depths of the ocean.
Click here to find out more about us and or check out our LinkedIn company page