Cobham Mission Systems are looking for a Field Service Engineer to be based permanently onsite at RAF Brize Norton maintaining the off wing Air to Air refuelling pods. Responsibilities will include providing on-site technical support to AirTanker services and controlling calibrated equipment within the facility including life Ex control of COSHH. You will also conduct technical assessment of product implementations and modifications in accordance with Cobham documentation and monitor and arrange timely servicing of all operational ground support equipment to ensure availability.
The role is based in Brize Norton, Oxfordshire.
As a Field Service Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include
· Technical service or similar engineering experience, preferably developed in an aviation engineering and customer facing capacity, overhaul or bay maintenance experience beneficial.
· Experience of working unsupervised and remote from the business.
· Competent user of MS Office programmes and in-house computer applications.
· Good communication and interpersonal skills.
· Engineering qualification equivalent to UK HND or with equivalent technical experience.
· EASA part 145 experience preferred but not essential.
· IOSH or RA trainied
As a Field Service Engineer your main responsibilities will involve
· Acting as a key technical point of contact with AirTanker services.
· Providing timely response, investigation and advice to technical enquiries.
· Conducting repair, servicing, maintenance, investigations and support to
· Providing SME support to fault investigation activities.
· Identifying needs and compiling information for customer training courses and for delivering training when required.
· Advising the customer of opportunities for CMS sponsored training courses
· Willing to be flexible with working hours when required to support AOG (aircraft on ground) issues
About Cobham Mission Systems
The most capable critical control solutions for extreme environments.
As the world’s leading supplier of critical control solutions, we help our customers to increase the safety and mission capabilities of their personnel and equipment in extreme environments.
Our proven and trusted solutions in air-to-air refuelling, life support, weapons carriage and unmanned systems, deliver assured performance and class-leading through-life costs that enable our customers to bring complex projects to market quickly, and with minimal risk.
About Cobham plc
Cobham is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from deep space to the depths of the ocean.
Click here to find out more about us and or check out our LinkedIn company page