Cobham is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer II that will support the AIR to AIR Refueling BFT product line. This position is located in Davenport, IA.
- Leads cost-out events and promotes a culture of continuous improvement
- Applies Lean-Manufacturing and 6-Sigma Techniques as a means to eliminate waste, reduce process variation and to deliver products that meet customer expectations
- Participates in concurrent engineering efforts and critical design reviews to minimize product development costs and maximize useful life of products
- Conducts Design for Manufacturing and value engineering initiatives as applicable
- Develops work breakdown structures as a tool to develop cost estimates and to identify opportunities for cost reduction
- Participates in new product development projects using the Cobham Lifecycle Management Process to articulate deliverables and a vehicle to commit to schedules
- Develops and integrates new processes and methodologies as to provide competitive advantages for the business
- Composes Capital Appropriation Requests (including payback and net present value analysis) for acquisition of equipment to support emerging and existing technologies
- Provides training to operators on new improvement processes as required
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering
- 3 years of Manufacturing Engineering experience
- 1 year of experience with Lean/6-Sigma/Continuous Improvement best practices
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Six Sigma Black Belt certification
- 3 years of Lean Manufacturing experience
- Product life cycle management experience
- AS9100/TS16949 experience
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
See all of our latest opportunities at www.cobham.com/careers or follow us on our LinkedIn page at www.linkedin.com/company/cobham
To be considered you must apply by going to www.cobham.com/careers