Cobham Mission Systems are currently recruiting for a Graduate Procurement Project Manager to work closely with the Procurement Managers to own the procurement plan from bid to delivery of all programmes.
The Graduate Procurement Project Manager will be expected to follow current departmental process and will be encouraged to participate in the further development of these processes. The successful candidate will work as part of a Customer IPT supporting activities of identifying and implementing supply chains.
The majority of the work will be carried out at Cobham Mission System’s purpose built engineering facility in Wimborne, Dorset. Occasional (infrequent) travel may be required to support the progression of tasks at external test facilities.
As a Graduate Procurement Project Manager your main responsibilities will involve:
· Delivering a supply chain response to any new bid activity throughout WC&R and AAR
· Disseminating & managing requirements into the procurement commodity teams to gather a full assessment of Cost, Schedule and Risk related to any new customer requirements from the business development team.
· Initiating and managing any cost saving initiatives for specific programmes.
· Consolidating and delivering all procurement CSR inputs to the exec team on a monthly basis.
· Highlight and managing procurement risks in the form of SIOP and programme risk management.
· To be the interface between the IPT and procurement function ensuring delivery of product & services on time in full & to budget
· Work to achieve the challenging aims (cost, schedule and engineering change) of the customer and aligning the supply chain to those aims to help deliver a successful bid, service and hardware to all End Users.
The Graduate will get a chance to directly delivery plans to the Exec team to demonstrate a holistic approach to the supply chain bid activity within Phase Reviews across all CMS value streams, thus having a large part to play in the future win business of Cobham.
To achieve this the Graduate will be required to maintain a strong focus on:
· LCM Phase Review process whilst attending and representing the team in LCM gate reviews.
· Creating a range of procurement plans demonstrating control of budget, schedule & risk
· Meeting the scheduling requirements for customer response, whilst being diligent to cover all aspects of review fully,
· Work closely with each Senior Procurement Manager to disseminate the work packages of each requirement
· Provide key data analysis to improve supply chain performance with the aim of meeting the programme budgets & schedule
· Acting as the interface with product groups and IPTs to ensure embodiment of change is managed smoothly
· Managing Cost Models and inputs for CSR’s
· Directly inputting into SIOP (Sales , Inventory, Operational and Planning) to ensure effective planning for operations and Financial forecasting
About Cobham Mission Systems
The most capable critical control solutions for extreme environments.
As the world’s leading supplier of critical control solutions, we help our customers to increase the safety and mission capabilities of their personnel and equipment in extreme environments.
Our proven and trusted solutions in air-to-air refuelling, life support, weapons carriage and unmanned systems, deliver assured performance and class-leading through-life costs that enable our customers to bring complex projects to market quickly, and with minimal risk.
About Cobham plc
Cobham is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from deep space to the depths of the ocean.
Click here to find out more about us and or check out our LinkedIn company page