Cobham Mission Systems are looking for a Technical Author to write and edit operational, instructional, maintenance or test procedures for paper, multimedia or web-based publications. This will require the incumbent to interact with various users and technical staff to gather data for documentation and to research and translate technical information into manuals and documents for customers and other users. The role may also be required to document engineering processes and specifications. The incumbent will provide authoring that conforms to company documentation and quality assurance standards.
The role is based in Wimborne, Dorset.
As a Technical Author your skills and qualifications will ideally include
· City and Guilds 5360 and/or Part 1.
· Sound electro-mechanical background in an aerospace environment.
· Familiar with S1000D, ATA iSpec 2200, ATA100, AvP70 and associated specs.
· Recognised national training and instructional techniques qualification, or relevant experience.
· Developed capabilities in writing or editing operational, instructional, maintenance or test procedures for paper, multimedia or web-based publications.
· Conversant with relevant major military and civil specifications.
· Some skills in managing projects.
· Good communication skills.
· Skilled at managing time and priorities.
As a Technical Author your main responsibilities will involve
· Control of document production for nominated projects.
· Producing estimates for technical documentation production when required by customer.
· Producing work packages for sub-contractors for quote and document production.
· Managing in-house staff and sub-contractors during document production.
· Liaison with design engineers during production and validation of technical documentation.
· Liaison with customer during production of publications and during equipment acceptance for customer driven changes to publications.
· Monitoring budgets.
· Participation in Tender / Contract Reviews, Design Reviews, Change Request Board and Failure Review Board meetings as required.
About Cobham Mission Systems
The most capable critical control solutions for extreme environments.
As the world’s leading supplier of critical control solutions, we help our customers to increase the safety and mission capabilities of their personnel and equipment in extreme environments.
Our proven and trusted solutions in air-to-air refuelling, life support, weapons carriage and unmanned systems, deliver assured performance and class-leading through-life costs that enable our customers to bring complex projects to market quickly, and with minimal risk.
About Cobham plc
Cobham is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from deep space to the depths of the ocean.
Click here to find out more about us and or check out our LinkedIn company page