Cobham is seeking a Quality Technician that will support Lot Acceptance Testing, Product Inspections and creation of Customer required product performance documentation. This position functionally reports to the Production Quality Manager and will take daily direction from Quality Engineers. The position is located in Westminster MD.
- Prepare customer reports on testing results, product material certifications and dimensional results.
- Set up and perform multiple quality tests.
- Measure samples
- Accurately compile statistical data
- Construct charts and graphs using Microsoft Excel
- Perform process capability analyses using Minitab software
- Define problems and report all issues with material to management for analysis and disposition
- Work may require individual to enter plant areas where performance factors such as: heat, humidity, noise, lifting of materials and working around equipment will be encountered
- On the job training is received in specialized areas
- Comply with all safety requirements and proper use of PPE
- Other research or related activities as deemed necessary
- 1 year of manufacturing or quality experience in assembly and test
- Experience interpreting engineering drawings and specifications
- Experience with manufacturing processes
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Completed Associates Degree
- Experience with Excel and Minitab
- Experience on Six Sigma and/or Lean Manufacturing projects
- ASQ Certified Quality Technician or Auditor
- Knowledge of mechanical, electrical, pneumatic systems
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Effective listening skills
- Ability to present data effectively
- Self-starter with ability to work independently
- Knowledge of measurement techniques
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
See all of our latest opportunities at www.cobham.com/careers or follow us on our LinkedIn page at www.linkedin.com/company/cobham
To be considered you must apply by going to www.cobham.com/careers