Cobham is seeking a TeraVM Application Engineer that will support America’s sales team related to TeraVM product line in both pre- and post-sales roles. This is a virtual office/ home office position; US required, West Coast preferred.
- Support America’s sales team related to TeraVM product line in both pre- and post-sales roles.
- Pre-sales activities include customer meetings, demonstrations, evaluations, trade shows, etc.
- Post-sales activities include installation and commissioning of new systems, product training, and on-site and remote product support.
- Develop scenarios that clearly demonstrate the power of the TeraVM product.
- Interoperability testing of Aeroflex and customer equipment.
- Development, debug, and integration with customer equipment of test scripts.
- Trouble-shooting and diagnostics of customer technical issues.
- Work closely with product development teams and regional teams to resolve product technical issues.
- Build and maintain close relationships with key customers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM Discipline (Science Technology Engineering Math)
- 5 years of professional experience in data networking
- 3 years of professional experience with Networking and Security products used in commercial environments
- 2 years of professional experience using Virtualization technologies
- 5 years of professional experience in network performance measurement and monitoring
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Master’s Degree in Telecommunications/Computer/Electrical Engineering
- Direct experience with VMware, Hyper-V, Xen and/or KVM
- IP network performance and associated metrics
- Networking with Unicast and multicast over TCP/UDP/IP
- Voice over IP
- Firewalls, security systems and encryption schemes
- Video transmission systems
- Data applications (email, HTTP, etc)
- Scripting languages (Python, Perl, tshark, etc)
- Virtualized computing configuration and optimization
- Excellent trouble-shooting and problem-solving skills
- Ability to logically analyze technical issues and determine potential causes
- Possess initiative and a positive attitude
- able to work both independently and as a team player
- Strong communications skills
- strongly customer-oriented
- Willingness to travel
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
See all of our latest opportunities at www.cobham.com/careers or follow us on our LinkedIn page at www.linkedin.com/company/cobham
To be considered you must apply by going to www.cobham.com/careers