Cobham Mission Systems are looking for a Systems Engineer (SysML) to work as part of a team on an internal Cobham business improvement project. The project aims to provide a foundation to a model based systems engineering approach, describing the process to which Cobham will seek to adopt a model of requirements in a more cost effective way. Working closely with simulation & modelling and the hardware/software teams, you will work initially on theoretical projects around new systems/ sub systems design.
The role is based in Wimborne, Dorset.
As a Systems Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include
· Experience and Understanding of SysML and creating models (with Rhapsody© tool experience preferable)
· Understanding of Systems Design Process from Requirements, through Design to Test
· Good understanding of requirements management and specification.
· Ability to think about models in the logical/functional domain.
· Ability to consider the process used to create the models, not just conduct it.
· Ability to work with partner companies to identify and establish common gains while understanding commercial sensitivities.
· Ability to distil current products into the underlying functions they perform.
· Self motivated with a capability to consider change to culture and carry it through to implementation.
· Excellent interpersonal, reporting and presentation skills with an ability to enthuse about the project and brief others on concepts and strategy.
· Experience of working in a Model Based work environment is highly desirable.
· Experience of DO-178C and its restrictions is highly desirable.
· Experience of DO-331 is highly desirable
About Cobham Mission Systems
The most capable critical control solutions for extreme environments.
As the world’s leading supplier of critical control solutions, we help our customers to increase the safety and mission capabilities of their personnel and equipment in extreme environments.
Our proven and trusted solutions in air-to-air refuelling, life support, weapons carriage and unmanned systems, deliver assured performance and class-leading through-life costs that enable our customers to bring complex projects to market quickly, and with minimal risk.
About Cobham plc
Cobham is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from deep space to the depths of the ocean.
Click here to find out more about us and or check out our LinkedIn company page