Cobham is seeking a Business Administrator that will administer contracts and manage activities required to fulfill contractual requirements and play an integral part in managing backlog order requirements and quote preparation for the business. The Business Administrator’s performance greatly influences the customer’s perception of Cobham competency and integrity. This position is located in Westminster, MD.
- Preparation of quotes, customer follow up and maintaining of quote management system
- Maintain contract files from proposal through contract closeout
- Generation of sales orders and order entry including management of repairs
- Contract review and program process tracking
- Ensure compliance with all contractual obligations including terms and conditions, specifications, price, and delivery
- Ensure that customer requests are understood and acted upon in a timely manner; maintain customer communications
- Perform upfront capacity analysis and production scheduling
- Negotiate with Customer to determine promise date
- Checking in of site visitors and supporting host activities
- Fielding of sales calls, emails and web contacts
- Updating of internal business metric visuals and communications
- Provides support to Business Development and Sales team members
- Completed Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in business/contract administration
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Completed Bachelor’s Degree is preferably in Business Management/Administration
- Experience is preferably in Government/DOD markets
- Oracle/ERP experience a plus
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM experience a plus
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and be self-motivated
- Willingness to support internal customers
- Skills: organizational, communication, negotiating, personal computing (Microsoft Office i.e.), time management, contract terms and conditions, capacity scheduling, pricing and quoting
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
See all of our latest opportunities at www.cobham.com/careers or follow us on our LinkedIn page at www.linkedin.com/company/cobham
To be considered you must apply by going to www.cobham.com/careers