Cobham is seeking an Operations and Supply Chain Assistant that will provide support to the Operations and Supply Chain team. This role will work across the whole business unit, and interact at all levels within the organization. Provide essential administrative support to Operations and Supply Chain team to ensure every detail is right. From admin support to reporting with a high attention to detail, accuracy and efficiency. This position is located in Orchard Park, NY.
- Administrative responsibilities
- Arrange travel for personnel, both domestic and international
- Risk assessments on international travel request prior to sector submission
- Arrange meetings (i.e., scheduling, invitations, luncheons, etc.)
- Responsible for assisting with preparation of Expense Reports
- I-Proc processing for Manufacturing and provide administrative support as needed to requisitioners
- Operations/Supply Chain Reporting
- Weekly updates to the Manufacturing OT report
- Weekly KPI support and administration
- Supplier reporting through CBOS
- General responsibilities
- Performs all operations according to prescribed safety and environmental principles
- Coordinate ordering/delivery of office supplies with supplier(s) as directed by Commodity Manager
- Support Switchboard Reception/Front Desk coverage for lunch, morning and afternoon breaks
- Greet all visitors and follow strict sign in/ sign out procedures
- Assist with Security checks for Visual Compliance of all visitors to the facility
- 2 years’ experience in an administrative or business support role
- 2 years’ experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- 1 year of experience using Excel to create pivot tables, graphs and to perform calculations
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Proven experience in a manufacturing environment using Oracle or a similar ERP system
- Demonstrated use of procurement cards for business purchases – fiduciary responsibility
- Demonstrated team orientation
- Proven ability to complete tasks and work assignments independently
- Demonstrated business communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proven ability to effectively interact with personnel across all organizational levels, from staff to executive levels
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.