As a part of Cobham Mission Systems (CMS) based in Wimborne, Dorset we are looking for a Senior Electro Mechanical Designer to support Avionics Design requirements across a variety of aerospace programmes. Our products are complex electromechanical systems, so experience in a similar industry using pro engineer will be preferred. This role is based in Wimborne, Dorset.
As the Senior Electro-Mechanical Designer your qualifications and experience should include:
· Degree/HND/HNC or Equivalent in Mechanical / Aeronautical Engineering
· Proficient in 2D and 3D Draughting & Design using PTC Creo 2 preferred, but experience of other CAD packages would be considered - Catia experience also an advantage.
· Conversant with Microsoft Office applications
· Recognised Engineering Apprenticeship preferred
· Large Assembly management, mechanical design and pro/cabling experience an advantage.
· PCB packaging / Black box design.
· Loom / Cable / Harness design software conversant –CMS use PTC Routed Systems Design and TE Connectivity HarnWare.
· Document / drawing management software - PDMLink, SmarTeam.
· Awareness / Experience in the following areas would be an advantage:
- Aerospace Industry and associated processes / specifications.
- Military – UK and worldwide.
- Test Equipment and production acceptance testing.
- Systems design and designing to requirements.
- Hardware design / PCB design.
As the Senior Electro-Mechanical Designer your key responsibilities will include:
· Progress electro-mechanical design elements of a project as an activity integrated with all other design inputs from within an integrated project team, in order to develop the compliant design solution.
· Leading small design teams when required.
· Liaise with IPT members and inter-departmental colleagues, and to report technical progress to Engineering and Programmes team leaders.
· Ensure compliance of drawings to Cobham Mission Equipment design and configuration control processes.
· Support of yearly PDR (Personal Development Review) process and mentoring of other members of design team.
· Assist Team Lead in management and development of Electro-Mechanical Team.
· Assist Head of Group with process improvements in support of continual improvement philosophy
About Cobham Mission Systems
The most capable critical control solutions for extreme environments.
As the world’s leading supplier of critical control solutions, we help our customers to increase the safety and mission capabilities of their personnel and equipment in extreme environments.
Our proven and trusted solutions in air-to-air refuelling, life support, weapons carriage and unmanned systems, deliver assured performance and class-leading through-life costs that enable our customers to bring complex projects to market quickly, and with minimal risk.
About Cobham plc
Cobham is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from deep space to the depths of the ocean.
Click here to find out more about us and or check out our LinkedIn company page