Cobham Mission Systems are looking for Manufacturing Systems Engineers to design and install manufacturing equipment and assembly production lines. This role is based in Wimborne, Dorset.
You’ll work with production managers to design and install new manufacturing equipment and the building of new manufacturing plants as well as being responsible for the total production cycle, from design and development to full production. Planning, budgeting and resource allocation are also part of the role. You will also assist with the management of each phase of a project, overseeing the work of Manufacturing Engineers.
As a Manufacturing Systems Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Manufacturing experience including manufacturing processes/systems and techniques
- Good knowledge of the aerospace and defence industry
- A methodical approach
- Experienced in Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement techniques
- Minimum of HNC in Manufacturing or Production, Systems Engineering
- Strong presentation skills
- Knowledge of Health and Safety
As a Manufacturing Systems Engineer your main responsibilities will be:
- Building 3D models with computer aided design/manufacture (CAD/CAM) software
- Testing systems and analysing data to work out the most cost effective production methods
- Presenting plans for approval
- Installing new equipment and machinery
- Investigating and fixing production problems
- Drawing up operation and training guidelines
- Responsible for the design, installation and maintainance of the plant’s various pieces of equipment and manufacturing systems
- Monitoring systems and machinery used to automated production, such as investigating incidents, breakdowns and delays in the manufacturing
About Cobham Mission Systems
The most capable critical control solutions for extreme environments.
As the world’s leading supplier of critical control solutions, we help our customers to increase the safety and mission capabilities of their personnel and equipment in extreme environments.
Our proven and trusted solutions in air-to-air refuelling, life support, weapons carriage and unmanned systems, deliver assured performance and class-leading through-life costs that enable our customers to bring complex projects to market quickly, and with minimal risk.
About Cobham plc
Cobham is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from deep space to the depths of the ocean.
Click here to find out more about us and or check out our LinkedIn company page