Cobham Mission Systems are looking to recruit a Product Supply Chain Manager (internally this role is referred to as Procurement Manager - Customer IPT) to be responsible for the design, development and through lifecycle management of supply chains at product level that meet cost and timing elements of the business case. This role is based in Wimborne, Dorset.
Our Procurement department consists of 40 employees and its key function is to find and manage outsource partners allowing us to deliver great products to time, cost and quality requirements. The business strategy for Cobham means this function is critical to our future success so we make sure that our teams have the right tools, processes and training which will facilitate your career development.
As a Product Supply Chain Manager your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
· Significant experience of designing supply chains, in conjunction with operations, to meet challenging requirements
· Strong commercial and financial acumen
· Highly competent programme manager
· Excellent grasp of Lifecycle Management Processes
· Good team working skills
· Good interpersonal skills and able to manage commercial relationships
· Experience in working with IPT’s delivering sources of supply to new product development programmes
As a Product Supply Chain Manager your main responsibilities will involve:
· Design of the external supply chain to integrate seamlessly into product manufacturing plan
· Create/manage procurement plans to ensure program compliance to requirement and business case
· Accountable for determining cost and implementation schedule of product supply chains
· Responsible for achieving programme objectives: Cost, Schedule and contractual commitments
· Manages the development and aggregation of the full program, commercial, timing and technical requirements to support sourcing and selection of each element within the B.O.M (Bill Of Materials)
· Embeds supply chain implementation plan into overall product IMS.
· Understands critical dependencies impacting the SC implementation program within the prime program, including internal and supplier dependencies manages accordingly
· Manages (in a matrix structure) wider procurement team members delivering supply chain work packages for their products
· Works with Commodity team to establish sourcing strategy for all major work packages
· Establishes and manages risk and opportunity plans
· Drives cost/schedule compliance for all supply chain work packages being delivered in the product B.O.M throughout the lifecycle
About Cobham Mission Systems
The most capable critical control solutions for extreme environments.
As the world’s leading supplier of critical control solutions, we help our customers to increase the safety and mission capabilities of their personnel and equipment in extreme environments.
Our proven and trusted solutions in air-to-air refuelling, life support, weapons carriage and unmanned systems, deliver assured performance and class-leading through-life costs that enable our customers to bring complex projects to market quickly, and with minimal risk.
About Cobham plc
Cobham is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from deep space to the depths of the ocean.
Click here to find out more about us and or check out our LinkedIn company page