Cobham Mission Systems are currently recruiting for a Sales Manager (known internally as an Inside Sales Manager) to be focused on leading and managing new opportunities with existing customers across our main Air to Air Refuelling and Weapons Carriage & Release systems. The role is internally focused reporting to the Sales Director; however the individual will work closely with the Outside Sales Managers, Customer Services Team and IPT Leaders. The Inside Sales Manager is responsible for taking requirements generated by customers, developing a solution, and writing a quotation or proposal. Additionally the Inside Sales Manager will manage a small team of Customer Service Representatives in support of bid work.
This position is based in Wimborne, Dorset.
As an Inside Sales Manager your skills and qualifications will include:
· Experience of managing, technically supporting and developing support staff within a sales team.
· Individual or team Bid Management experience, with bid values going in to the millions of pounds.
· Experience of working within a regulated Engineering or Manufacturing industry (Aerospace is desirable).
· An Engineering qualification and/ or demonstrable experience of technically challenging and developing bid proposals, directly with customers and internal Engineering functions.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills in support of working with VP level colleagues and customers.
As an Inside Sales Manager your main responsibilities will involve:
· Being responsible for leading and delivering proposals within the current Order book, achieving sales by interfacing with the Outside Sales Managers, Key Account Managers and Customer Services Representatives
· Managing all aspects of the bid response, working closely with key members of the organisation to create winning proposals
· Leading the management of bid responses, including capture planning, strategy development, response execution and post tender activities in accordance with the Cobham Life Cycle Management process
· Use tools and processes to support sales, recording and updating the CRM.
· Support closing of sales independently or by assisting Outside Sales Managers or Customer Services Representatives.
· Taking customer requirements and guiding solution development efforts that best address customer needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary company personnel, including service, design and management resources, to meet both sales performance objectives and customer expectations.
About Cobham Mission Systems
The most capable critical control solutions for extreme environments.
As the world’s leading supplier of critical control solutions, we help our customers to increase the safety and mission capabilities of their personnel and equipment in extreme environments.
Our proven and trusted solutions in air-to-air refuelling, life support, weapons carriage and unmanned systems, deliver assured performance and class-leading through-life costs that enable our customers to bring complex projects to market quickly, and with minimal risk.
About Cobham plc
Cobham is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from deep space to the depths of the ocean.
Click here to find out more about us and or check out our LinkedIn company page