Cobham Wireless is looking for a Network Services Engineer to join the Cobham Wireless Network Services Support Team, in the survey, deployment, commissioning, maintenance, repair and support of its RF Coverage solutions on a global basis.
This role will be based in Chesham, Buckinghamshire but will involve regular travel across the UK and overseas.
As a Network Services Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Formal qualifications in RF, Electronics and Wireless Technologies essential
- Proven experience in RF technologies and Mobile Wireless Systems.
- Hands on experience in: installation, configuration of RF equipment, troubleshooting & maintenance
- Expected to have a solid understanding and hands-on experience with RF instrumentation and tools.
- Must be motivated, detail orientated, highly organized and able to handle a variety of tasks and responsibilities in an efficient manner with a high level of quality.
- Experienced in configuring software based Network Management systems
- Knowledge in Mobile Wireless Communications GSM-R/GSM/UMTS/Tetra
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in oral and written form.
- Ability to deal effectively with customers’. Desire to provide the highest levels of service to clients.
- Good computer skills in word, excel, power point
- Previous experience of working overseas independently.
- Must hold a valid UK driving licence.
As a Network Services Engineer your main responsibilities will involve:
- Troubleshooting of HW and SW in RF Repeaters on site, including fibre optic installations.
- Provide support to our customers on telephone support desk (rota) and by email.
- Make commissioning and optimisation of Cobham Repeater RF Coverage Solutions on a global basis
- Maintain good relationship with customers.
- Document all work.
- Perform surveys and RF measurements on site
- Working on RF in Road and Rail Tunnel Environment
- Extensive overseas travel to carry out defined responsibilities
What we will be looking for in you:
You should have good problem solving and decision making skills with the ability to understand and analyse complex issues. This role will involve regular global travel of up to 2 weeks at a time.
About Cobham Wireless
Delivering state-of-the-art wireless and connectivity solutions that give our customers a competitive edge.
We are global leaders in the provision of advanced wireless coverage and mobile communications systems, producing innovative, cost-effective solutions that address market requirements for improved connectivity, greater capacity and better quality of experience.
Our intelligent digital Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS), along with our advanced network validation tools for mobile and IP networks, will help propel your network to the next generation. http://www.cobhamwireless.com/
About Cobham plc
Cobham is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from deep space to the depths of the ocean.