Cobham Aviation Services has an exciting opportunity for a Design Office Project Coordinator. As a Design Office Project Coordinator you will be an integral member of the design team responsible for the smooth running of the Design Office by organising and controlling project activities. Help deliver engineering projects of varying size and complexity in support of a wide range of Fleet Support and Business Development and Technology tasks under the direction of the Head of Design. We are looking for an individual with demonstrable civilian or military aviation design experience to join a busy design office that is currently engaged in a variety of diverse and challenging tasks.
Location Christchurch Bournemouth
About Cobham Aviation Services
Cobham Special Mission, which is part of Cobham Aviation Services, provides customers with integrated services for airborne special mission operations. Its capabilities include aerial surveillance, operational readiness training, aircraft modification and integration, search and rescue, and environment surveillance and response.
Cobham Special Mission uses highly customised aircraft to conduct border protection and surveillance operations in Australia and the UK, as well as providing operational readiness training through electronic warfare training for the UK Ministry of Defence. It’s also a leading supplier of flight inspection services.
As the Design Office Project Coordinator, your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
IT literate, with strong communication skills.
Positive work ethic and a keen eye for detail within documentation.
Previous Design Office experience.
Willing to contribute and engage in departmental Continuous Improvement activity.
As the Design office Project Coordinator your responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining control of the Design Office Library including issuing and archiving of Design Documentation.
- Providing administrative support to the Design Airworthiness Manager in the development and updating of Design procedures.
- Supporting the administration of EASA and MAA Design audits.
- Provide IT support using the HYDRA Resource Management tool to support timely Design output.
- Assisting the design projects team in the creation and release of Project documentation including Proposals, Bid Reviews, Contract Reviews, Progress Reports and Delivery Notes.
- Attend meetings as required and assist the project manager to distribute minutes to all Design project team members.
- Maintain design documentation registers.
- Ensure customers’ needs are met in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Track & manage Change Notices.
- Communicate ideas for improving company processes with a positive and constructive attitude.
- Keep the Project Manager (PM) and others informed about project status and issues that may impact customer relations.
What we will be looking for in you:
You should be a team orientated and customer focused individual with good communication and teamwork skills. On offer for the successful candidate is an attractive salary and support for Continuous Professional Development but more importantly, you will be joining a dynamic operational environment within a growing Design Office; which covers a wide variety of Fleet Support and also future special mission aircraft projects.
About Cobham plc
Cobham is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from deep space to the depths of the ocean.