Cobham Mission Systems are recruiting for a Commercial Officer who will report to a Senior Commercial and Contracts Manager, supporting the Commercial Team in both proposal preparation and contract management, while working closely with other business functions including Business Development, Project Management, Finance and Engineering.
This position is based in Wimborne, Dorset.
As a Commercial Officer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
· Must have obtained a 2nd Class honours degree in a relevant discipline (ideally business or law)
· Be interested in developing or further developing a career in the Commercial/ Contracts space.
· Ability to work as part of a team and also be self-sufficient (when req’d)
· Enthusiasm to develop and learn
· Demonstration of commercial acumen
· Good attention to detail
· Good communication skills
· Ability to develop strong relationship management and influencing skills
· Capability to work to tight deadlines and manage workload
· IT literate.
As a Commercial Officer your main responsibilities will involve:
· Supporting and leading on contract acceptance process.
· Supporting bid preparation activities and ensuring proposals are submitted on time, in line with Cobham Life Cycle Management and Governance processes.
· Engaging with customers / potential customers and maintaining positive customer relations.
· Supporting internal reviews to submit customer proposals for Bid Approval Committee review.
· Supporting the preparation of all commercial aspects of complex proposals.
· Supporting negotiation of contracts and agreements including complex terms and conditions of sale, NDAs, etc.
· Providing commercial support to other functions within the organisation.
· Ensure that customer orders reflect the company’s commitments to the customer as reflected in the proposal and any subsequent negotiations.
· Maximising margins and ensuring the company’s position is protected in terms of legalities and liabilities.
About Cobham Mission Systems
The most capable critical control solutions for extreme environments.
As the world’s leading supplier of critical control solutions, we help our customers to increase the safety and mission capabilities of their personnel and equipment in extreme environments.
Our proven and trusted solutions in air-to-air refuelling, life support, weapons carriage and unmanned systems, deliver assured performance and class-leading through-life costs that enable our customers to bring complex projects to market quickly, and with minimal risk.
About Cobham plc
Cobham is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from deep space to the depths of the ocean.
Click here to find out more about us and or check out our LinkedIn company page