Cobham Mission Systems are looking a Quality Engineer – Internal Audit to be responsible for Cobham Mission Systems audit compliance programme, in order to ensure adherence to internal, statutory, regulatory and customer requirements. Based in Wimborne, Dorset with some travel involved to suppliers sites for external audits.
Cobham’s business is built on the assurance of Quality and building customer confidence in our products. We are growing our Quality team to provide leadership into key areas of Customer Programmes and Design Assurance. Cobham is investing in a 50% increase of our team from 30 to 45 staff to strengthen our business and help to deliver Quality products on-time. The Quality Department is core in working across all functions to improve our process through corrective and preventive means.
As a Quality Engineer – Internal Audit your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
· Degree qualified or equivalent
· Thorough understanding of Defence and/or Aerospace Quality requirements
· Experience in Auditing to ISO9001, AS9100 and/or AS9110
· Experienced lead internal auditing to recognised aerospace standards
· Proven Quality experience operating in an Aerospace, Defence or AS9100 environment
· Professional conduct, engaging manner and good communication skills
· Proven background in maintaining of Quality Management Systems
· Planning and Scheduling of Audits Internal and in the Supply Base
· Good, clear communication skills for reporting on audit findings
· Drive to effectively close of Internal Audit Non-Conformances.
· Excellent root cause analysis and corrective action understanding
· Attention to detail and methodical approach
· Ability to use databases to record audits and status
· Self-starter, able to work un-supervised with a passion for process improvement
As a Quality Engineer – Internal Audit your main responsibilities will involve:
· Planning and execution of internal audit program in order to ensure adherence to company procedures (cross-checking they meet AS/EN 9100, AS/EN9110, TickIT Plus, DAOS, EASA Part-21 & EASA Part-145 and associated Customer approvals
· Conduct Internal Audits on a continual cycle in all areas of the business over a 12 month period.
· Drive Audit non-conformance investigations and associated root cause analysis activities
· Schedule, track or report on Supplier Quality audits completed by the Supplier Quality Team
· Maintain, communicate and react to Quality metrics tracking to meet targets, and implementation of defined Quality improvement initiatives
· General support as needed to the Business Management System process
· Co-operate with management to meet the employer’s legal duties and take reasonable care of their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions
About Cobham Mission Systems
The most capable critical control solutions for extreme environments.
As the world’s leading supplier of critical control solutions, we help our customers to increase the safety and mission capabilities of their personnel and equipment in extreme environments.
Our proven and trusted solutions in air-to-air refuelling, life support, weapons carriage and unmanned systems, deliver assured performance and class-leading through-life costs that enable our customers to bring complex projects to market quickly, and with minimal risk.
About Cobham plc
Cobham is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from deep space to the depths of the ocean.
Click here to find out more about us and or check out our LinkedIn company page