Cobham Mission Systems are looking a Quality Engineer – Auditor to be responsible for Cobham Mission Systems audit compliance program, in order to ensure adherence to statutory, regulatory and customer requirements. Based in Wimborne, Dorset with some travel involved to suppliers sites for external audits.
Cobham’s business is built on the assurance of Quality and building customer confidence in our products. We are growing our Quality team to provide leadership into key areas of Customer Programmes and Design Assurance. Cobham is investing in a 50% increase of our team from 30 to 45 staff to strengthen our business and help to deliver Quality products on-time. The Quality Department is core in working across all functions to improve our process through corrective and preventive means.
As a Quality Engineer – Auditor your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
· Thorough understanding of AS/EN9100, AS/EN9110, TickIT Plus, DAOS, EASA Part -21 & EASA Part-145.
· Degree qualified desirable
· Lead Auditor certification, Ideally AS9100/9110/9120 with experience in process auditing
· Proven Quality experience operating in AS/EN9100, AS/EN9110, TickIT Plus, DAOS, EASA Part-21 & EASA Part-145 environments
· Proven background in Quality Assurance and thorough understanding of Quality tools and techniques
· Professional conduct and good communication skills to influence both internally and externally
· Proven background in implementation of Quality Management Systems and associated business process improvements
· Quality Planning – ability to effectively implement Customer and regulatory requirements
· Excellent root cause analysis and corrective action understanding, including use of lean tools such as 8D
· Attention to detail and methodical approach
· Self starter with a desire for problem solving and process improvement
As a Quality Engineer – Auditor your main responsibilities will involve:
· Planning and execution of internal audit program in order to ensure adherence to AS/EN 9100, AS/EN9110, TickIT Plus, DAOS, EASA Part-21 & EASA Part-145 and associated Customer approvals
· Lead internal auditing training requirements
· Reviewing of First Article Inspections for compliance to internal processes and AS9102
· Drive non conformance investigations and associated root cause analysis activities
· Management of Customer and regulatory audits and source inspection activities
· Quality metrics tracking to meet set targets, and implementation of Quality improvement initiatives
· Management of the Business Continuity Plan including the rollout of process improvements
· Generation and implementation Business Management System process
· Co-operate with management to meet the employer’s legal duties and take reasonable care of their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions
About Cobham Mission Systems
The most capable critical control solutions for extreme environments.
As the world’s leading supplier of critical control solutions, we help our customers to increase the safety and mission capabilities of their personnel and equipment in extreme environments.
Our proven and trusted solutions in air-to-air refuelling, life support, weapons carriage and unmanned systems, deliver assured performance and class-leading through-life costs that enable our customers to bring complex projects to market quickly, and with minimal risk.
About Cobham plc
Cobham is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from deep space to the depths of the ocean.
Click here to find out more about us and or check out our LinkedIn company page