Cobham is seeking a Configuration Engineer that will lead a team ensuring configuration and data management requirements are met throughout the product life cycle. This position is located in Davenport, IA.
- Ensures Configuration and Data Management requirements are met for all programs throughout the product lifecycle
- Supports managing bills of material and product structure in MRP/ERP system
- Oversees Configuration Control Boards (CCBs) for new product introduction and engineering design changes
- Participates in Functional/Physical Configuration Audits
- Supports ongoing continuous improvement, implementation, documentation and support of the configuration management processes and procedures
- Supports development of Configuration Management Plans
- Provides configuration management support for bids & proposals
- Bachelors Degree
- Minimum 3 years MRP/ERP systems (Oracle, SAP, etc) experience
- Minimum 3+ years Configuration Management experience
- Minimum 1 year of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) systems (PTC Windchill, Oracle Agile, SAP PLM, etc.) experience
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or Related Technical Field
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings
- MS Office proficient
- Excellent verbal, presentation and written communication skills with the ability to work across multi-functional teams and businesses
- Experience in an Aerospace or DoD manufacturing industry
- Experience with configuration management utilizing AS9100, EIA-649, or MIL-HDBK-61A
- An understanding of project lifecycles and life cycle models
- Experience in business administration of a PLM system
- Experience with PTC Windchill preferred
- Experience with Oracle E-Business Suite preferred
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
See all of our latest opportunities at www.cobham.com/careers or follow us on our LinkedIn page at www.linkedin.com/company/cobham
To be considered you must apply by going to www.cobham.com/careers