Cobham Mission Systems are looking for a PMO Director responsible for leading and managing our Project Office, providing as range of support and advisory services to projects and programs. The PMO Director will oversee a variety of professionals in delivering an excellent service as a permanent function in the business. You will help to tailor services and adapt to changing priorities as the business ebbs and flows its projects and programs. The position reports into the VP Program Management for Cobham Mission Systems.
The role is based in Wimborne, Dorset.
As a PMO Director your skills and qualifications will ideally include: -
· Demonstrable experience leading a Project Management Office – ideally in a defence, aerospace, engineering or manufacturing business.
· Developing Planners and wider project support function (eg. Risk Management) for Project/Program managers.
· Highly process oriented and Continuous Improvement methodology (Lean Six) highly desirable.
· Strong background in Project Management with demonstrable background in managing high value, complex projects.
· Demonstrable leadership and staff development background.
As a PMO Director your main responsibilities will involve: -
· Helps create and operates the business Governance Framework around projects.
· Contributes to the implementation of new ways of working and methods/tools
· Undertakes Program Health Checks and assures senior managers
· Facilitates workshops on a wide range of PPM topics to provide local coaching
· Manages the workload and resources of the Program Office
· Provides the business with a strategic view of its portfolio
· Recommends the balancing and optimisation of resources across the business
· Assists with business prioritisation of its projects and programs
· Maintains a pipeline and portfolio plan
· Oversees the reporting of KPI’s and metrics
· Contributes to commercial negotiations, contract variation agreements and claims
· May act in a program recovery capacity
About Cobham Mission Systems
The most capable critical control solutions for extreme environments.
As the world’s leading supplier of critical control solutions, we help our customers to increase the safety and mission capabilities of their personnel and equipment in extreme environments.
Our proven and trusted solutions in air-to-air refuelling, life support, weapons carriage and unmanned systems, deliver assured performance and class-leading through-life costs that enable our customers to bring complex projects to market quickly, and with minimal risk.
About Cobham plc
Cobham is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from deep space to the depths of the ocean.
Click here to find out more about us and or check out our LinkedIn company page