As a part of Cobham Special Mission we’re currently recruiting for a Supply Chain Officer ( Materials). To react to requests for the supply of parts, materials and services by means of either purchase, transfer, expedite from repair, loan, or exchange, in a timely manner and within budgetary constraints. Satisfy and control daily management of stock/non stock and service order requirements. Negotiate best total acquisition cost and provide cost effective support for spares and services. Support the requirements of individual projects by negotiating and purchasing the supply of goods and services.
Location Christchurch -Bournemouth
About Cobham Aviation Services
Cobham Special Mission, which is part of Cobham Aviation Services, provides customers with integrated services for airborne special mission operations. Its capabilities include aerial surveillance, operational readiness training, aircraft modification and integration, search and rescue, and environment surveillance and response.
Cobham Special Mission uses highly customised aircraft to conduct border protection and surveillance operations in Australia and the UK, as well as providing operational readiness training through electronic warfare training for the UK Ministry of Defence. It’s also a leading supplier of flight inspection services.
As a Supply Chain Officer-Materials your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
Materials- Technical buying experience
GSCE or equivalent qualifications in a related field or equivalent level of industry experience (essential)
Minimum 2-years’ experience within a material expediting and/or material logistics environment (aviation desirable)
Excellent IT skills with ability to source parts on the Internet (essential)
Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
Familiar with a wide range of transport/logistical means to expedite the movement of materials to eliminate/reduce flight delays and cancellations.
Customer facing with ability to prioritise and manage conflicting deadlines
Familiar with all industry legislative requirements.
Excellent time management and organisational skills.
As a Supply Chain Officer-Materials your responsibilities will include:
- To take ownership of the AOG process during working hours and provide out of hours support on a rotational basis.
- Raise RFQ, RTO and PO/RO for unserviceable components, to include unit exchanges and core back charges.
- Raise internal workshop projects and core receipting.
- Collate all the information to include work scoping requirements from Technical records, service history and usage on the unserviceable rotable component
- Expedite outstanding quotations and repairs to ensure promised delivery dates are met.
- Conduct routine administration e.g. filing of orders and associated paperwork, generation of reports and update Aerotrac with expediting notes.
- Review repair and overhaul quotes from the Suppliers and apply cost control techniques where applicable
- Detection and Negotiation of warranty claims.
- Maintaining previously set re order levels with economic batch ordering and best practice.
- Develop and maintain good supplier relationships both external and internal. Liaise with appropriate parties to resolve queries e.g.. Tech support, Production Support, reconcile financial invoices and action Failure reports.
- Negotiating the renewal of standing orders on a monthly basis.
- Provide bid support to project managers
- Hold, promote and demonstrate safety as a core value of the organisation and actively support the organisation toward its vision of Zero Harm and incident / injury free environment through active participation in all safety programmes.
About Cobham plc
Cobham is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from deep space to the depths of the ocean.