Cobham Mission Systems are looking for an Avionics Support Engineer to provide Avionics cross functional support primarily to the Avionics Test and Support Group. Additionally, the role will require the individual to develop the skills to be able to provide key support to Control & Integration, Electro–Mech and Environmental Development & Test. Further, when required the Avionics Support Engineer will also provide limited support to the Hardware, Software, Software Test Group and other departments as required.
This role is based in Wimborne, Dorset.
As an Avionics Support Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
· Have a demonstrated technical grounding through training or employment (Minimum HND Engineering highly desirable)
· Be able to write concise and accurate documentation
· Have a good attention to detail with a methodical approach
· Be familiar with wiring diagrams and cable assemblies.
· Have good IT literacy, with good use of Excel.
· Supervisory capability
· Confident at producing and delivering technical presentations
As an Avionics Support Engineer your main responsibilities will involve:
· Undertaking wiring diagram design.
· Carrying out component selection.
· Producing cable routing and clipping schemes.
· Systems Integration activities for avionic equipment.
· Technical risk management.
· System, sub-system and equipment architecture definition, design and analysis
· Interface definition and management
· Requirements capture, allocation, derivation, validation and verification
· Preparation of technical specification and other project documentation
· Preparation and presentation of technical design reviews
· Support to qualification of equipment and systems
· Technical management of external suppliers and outsource providers
· Technical management of specialists such as design, performance and ILS engineers
· Liaising with customers, internal and external
· Compliance with company process and also with legal & regulatory requirements
About Cobham Mission Systems
The most capable critical control solutions for extreme environments.
As the world’s leading supplier of critical control solutions, we help our customers to increase the safety and mission capabilities of their personnel and equipment in extreme environments.
Our proven and trusted solutions in air-to-air refuelling, life support, weapons carriage and unmanned systems, deliver assured performance and class-leading through-life costs that enable our customers to bring complex projects to market quickly, and with minimal risk.
About Cobham plc
Cobham is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from deep space to the depths of the ocean.
Click here to find out more about us and or check out our LinkedIn company page